Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm >

Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Notices

Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the repo business. If the boat was repossessed, the finance company would tell the owner if he simply asked. I recently tracked a 28' performance boat that was supposed to be in Texas that turned out to be stolen from Texas and towed to California in broad Daylight with no tags on the truck or trailer and no numbers on the boat. The only reason the boat was recovered was because the guy got stopped a few miles from his destination in California. He even talked his way out of it at the time he was stopped. It just happened to be a motor vehicle theft detective that stopped him and in his quest to try to find where the boat belonged and my search for the boat we ended up talking to each other. Once the detective had the serial numbers from the boat and trailer that was missing he was able to prove the boat was the one I was looking for. I don't know how it is done but the people in the motor vehicle theft department claim it is real common for people to get clean papers on stolen boats.

Good luck finding the boat. The more people that are aware of the theft the better. 50K makes it tempting to take off work and see if I can find it.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

ttt
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Namwot
I am in the repo business. If the boat was repossessed, the finance company would tell the owner if he simply asked. .
Don't most states require the repo company to contact the local law enforcement agency prior to hooking it?

A few years ago, my buddy woke up and discovered his van missing, Called the local sheriff all excited to report the theft. He gave his name & address and they almost instantly told him it was repo'ed. From that, he found out alot about some issues with his wife
Old 11-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

It may not required, depending upon the state, however... Professional companies have good relationships with local law enforcementand and will notify them immediately if no contact is made with the debtor upon the repossession. This simplifies everyone's life.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

I'm ready to upgrade...

Any volunteers to come steal my boat??
Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wantingmore
I'm ready to upgrade...

Any volunteers to come steal my boat??
Upgrade WTF ????? He had a awesome ride as it was with those powerplants & #6s put the pipe down!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

The lack of class I have read in several of the responses here is quite alarming. Who am I to judge, but the purpose of the thread was to get the info out as quickly and accurately as possible. Most of us have no idea how this has happened, but for those with prizely possessions such as this that have been stolen, it is a feeling of being violated if nothing else. For those that have dealt with it, the long-term hassle, loss of sleep, emotional strain, etc. can not have any form of price tag put on it (and if it was like my toy that was stolen, I still lost a lot of money in the deal after my insurance paid off their portion of insured liability). Point being, be a helper, not a hater and judgements at this point are useless. Good luck in the search, this is an absolute shame for anyone that loves boats as much as most of us do. Has anyone been able to get a better description of the tow vehicle to possibly narrow down the search to make or possible year, etc. and how big is the actual town that it took place in? The theft ring stealing snowmobiles and atv's in our area proved true that the typical thief knows the area that he/she steals from because they typically live nearby. Hammer
Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
Has anyone been able to get a better description of the tow vehicle to possibly narrow down the search to make or possible year, etc. and how big is the actual town that it took place in? The theft ring stealing snowmobiles and atv's in our area proved true that the typical thief knows the area that he/she steals from because they typically live nearby. Hammer
There is a video of the heist in the other thread..............I couldn't tell what kind of truck it was. How big is the town..............small, very small. Imagine going down country roads in the middle of nowhere and stumbling on a couple of $500,000 boats. Good point on the theft ring. Repeat criminals usually stick out like a sore thumb in small towns. Most of these small towns cops usually have a pretty good idea of who did it. There was a house nearby from us that had a 4-wheeler stolen. The town is so small that the cop just drove straight over to who he thought it might be - and there it was.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

cant you put lojack in a boat?...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
cant you put lojack in a boat?...
They don't show it specifically but then again, how does the device know what it's bolted to. It's not operated via satellite as some have stated. Lojack doesn't really say how it works but they do say they provide equipment to law enforcement to track the signal. They have an option that immediately contacts you via e-mail, pager, etc. if the vehicle is moved- that probably wouldn't work for docked boats!

Quick Reply: Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.