Like Tree0Likes

Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer01 View Post
The lack of class I have read in several of the responses here is quite alarming. the long-term hassle, loss of sleep, emotional strain, etc. can not have any form of price tag put on it (and if it was like my toy that was stolen, I still lost a lot of money in the deal after my insurance paid off their portion of insured liability). Point being, be a helper, not a hater and judgements at this point are useless.
very well put.......when I found out my boat was gone I layed on the couch for two days and stared into space thinking about a thousand different scenarios of who could have done it and what I could of done different etc, no sleep ,all of it.......trust me , it is NOT a good experience.......you DONT want to go there......and I lost money too from insurance .....I'll explain it if you like.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer01 View Post
The theft ring stealing snowmobiles and atv's in our area proved true that the typical thief knows the area that he/she steals from because they typically live nearby. Hammer
I talked to the cop who was looking after the case for my boat.......he said in small towns he gets NO help from the locals with regards to the local thief........everybody knows him but they wont say anything for fear of retribution.......but then again the local thief doent steal their chit......just cottagers and "rich city boys" like me.......they think the money was handed to me for that boat when in fact I did it the old fashioned way.......I busted my azz for it!!! working OT, taking weekend on calls, changed companies about four times because one would offer me a couple of bucks more an hour, not driving a brand new car....all of it
Old 11-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Nor-Tech 3600 SuperCat "Suppression"

Any new info on the boat? Just wondering....
Old 11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2004 Donzi 28 ZXO

I wish the owner luck on the recovery of the boat and will keep a keen eye out for it on the net and here in NC.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonziJapan View Post
Bought a little lake toy awhile back. A Malibu 20 Ski Boat. The Hull numbers were bubued. It had a clean "Manufacturer Unknown" title from the DMV . When I did the paperwork at the DMV they said every thing was OK that the boat had been inspected and a new title issued. Because the HIN/MIC didn't match the boat the new title was issued as "Manufacturer Unknown". Was assured by the DMV everything was OK. They busted a dude across the street for some criminal activity. CHP vehicle theft pro spots the bubu HIN. I bring out all my paperwork tell em where I bought it from. He took my paperwork and the boat I go down to the CHP office a few days later and ask whats up with my boat. He says it was stolen and they gave it back to the insurance company that paid out on it. Fast forward a couple years. I work a lot overseas and can be off the grid for up to a year at a time. I came home and when I went out to get the mail from the mail box there was a current registration for the boat in the mail. Talked to the wife and found out they had been billing me for the registration on the confiscated boat and she had been paying it and putting the stickers in the boats file. Had to go track down the Officer and get him to write a statement of facts for the DMV. Ya think the CHP and the DMV would be in direct contact. I'm out $15k and n o way to get it back. Did my due diligence the state says its all cool then the state comes back and breaks me off. Well I can't wait to move out of The Kommunist Republik of Kalifornia!
Out here you'll not only get to pay the registration fees on your confiscated boat, but the property tax, too.

Michael
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: Wellcraft Scarab

I move around a bunch in NC and VA with work, will keep an eye opened for it myself.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 PM

heard rumor that it was found with one motor gone and the drives.. is this true
Old 12-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: N A D A

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboat11 View Post
heard rumor that it was found with one motor gone and the drives.. is this true
Not that I know of.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:09 AM

My Boats: 1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft

I haven't heard that either.