Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
arneson asd7m surface drive vs bravo xr >

arneson asd7m surface drive vs bravo xr

Notices

arneson asd7m surface drive vs bravo xr

Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sounds like a good candidate for Konrads. I would go that route before surface drives, allot less r&d on your nickel.

If you're thinking seriously about Arnesons then call Rik and get his .02. He's pretty straight about it and won't candy coat.

If you want some $$'s on Konrads give me a call I can get you a hook up.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have too much bow lift then surface drives can definitely help. I'm selling my pulsedrive and going back to bravo's because I already had too much stern lift and the surface drives tended to push the bow down.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Have you considered Konrad drives?. I know I would give them serious consideration based on the feedback I have read here.
He will actually lose some speed but they wont break
Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Trust me on this, when you try something that has never been done before it gets real expensive, real frustrating, and it often takes a whole lot of time to get it right.

To me it makes no sense to dump 35 - 40K into a mid-level performance boat just because you had one drive failure. Putting surface drives on a 35 Nordic is something better left to the factory to experienment with on their coin. It might turn out great or it might turn out really bad but either way it's going to take a lot of tweaking which will eat up and loads of time and money.

I can see going through that trouble and expense for a race boat or for a big budget poker run boat, but I can't see doing it because of one drive failure on a 90-ish mph boat. You can also expect to take a huge beating on the resale value of the boat. On a 32 SKater with big power surface drives would likely be a plus, but there just aren't many buyers who are going to want them hanging off the back of their midly powered 35Ft V bottom.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:44 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want to do ASD look at the Bravo to ASD6 conversion package. I know this was done on a 382 Formula.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beertruck
current set up had a problem with too much bow lift. I have removed two of the four batteries from the back, and have the drives slightly toed in to keep the nose down at speed. I had Tres Marten look at the boat a couple years ago, during a driving class, and he seemed to think the center of gravity was off in the boat, too much weight in the back.
I would try some semi-cleavers on the boat. They will pick up the stern and drop the bow. if a 4B semi-cleaver isn't enough then try a 5B or a 6B propeller.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
That sounds like a good candidate for Konrads. I would go that route before surface drives, allot less r&d on your nickel.

If you're thinking seriously about Arnesons then call Rik and get his .02. He's pretty straight about it and won't candy coat.

If you want some $$'s on Konrads give me a call I can get you a hook up.
there would be less R&D on the konrad set up I think there about the same height as a XR using a ACE KONRAD drive and LOFTY can help you. props if you stay or change throttleup has there own custom props which I have herd good things about and can set you up either way,BIGGUS can give you a second opinion on the konrad he has a set on his cig. for surface drives Arnesons seem to be one of the best and RIK would be the guru to talk to, maybe that bravo swap set up might work. but I would not buy any xr off brand drives either no names sorry . if you stick with the xr then call MR GAGGETS
Old 11-26-2007, 11:28 PM
1CE
Registered

Art, Good answer what's up? How u-doin w;the leg? Best wishes. J
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Registered

1CE !! HAA HAAH HA LEG CHIT i JUST GOT MY GUTS TAKEN OUT LAST SUNDAY AND NOW HAVE A INFECTION otherwise I in pain looks like the knee replacment is on for dec 10 but I am sure it will bounced whats up
Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Registered

If you go conrad, you HAVE to buy the ACE system because it has a transmision in the set back box. The conrad drives don't shift.

Another option is a B max drive. A bolt up, direct replacment for the bravo that shifts just like a bravo. Price is resonable too.

I will be going to a b Max depending how long my new XR lasts.

Quick Reply: arneson asd7m surface drive vs bravo xr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.