Notices

Kryptonite boats

Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While we are all here, could I get some pics of stereo installs. I am putting one in this week and would like to see some options. Speakers are going under the back seat. but have not decieded on stereo placement either the pass side under the glovebox or in the cabin. Any pictures?
Thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stereo is in the cabin, mounted in the cutout behind the glovebox. Very clean install with snap in covers to fill in both cutouts to hide the rigging.

Here is one more shot of the ITS box install. you can see how close it is to the swim platform.

Last edited by Philm; 08-04-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

How does it comeout of the hole? Does the prop blow out at all? I am pulling the trans and raising it this week. being you do not have a notch I think I am going to put my propshaft 1" below the bottom. Just slighty higher that yours.. do you have any pad walk at all?, and the holeshot and blow out?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

If i remeber right Mike Majors's boat needed soem tab to get on plane, or youd be at 3500 RPM going no where. With the tabs set level that boat was rock solid at 100
Old 08-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
If i remeber right Mike Majors's boat needed soem tab to get on plane, or youd be at 3500 RPM going no where. With the tabs set level that boat was rock solid at 100
Yep, we just put the monster 380's down and you are on plane... I need to call CMI to get my tail pipes modifyed (they are e-tops with dry to the tip tail pipes). I am raising the transom 2". I am sure this will help, but can not raise the exhaust cut outs.. so the tips need to be changed. I may check with the local machine shop to see if they will do the mod on my tails. being dry to the tip the inside and outside needs to be sealed.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 AM
Registered

yes i have a fair amount of blowout gettng on plane, but if i ease into it it really isnt that bad. The fastest way to get on plane with or without tabs is to ease the throttle up until the props blow out, then let them spin at 3700rpm or so. It will fall right over. anything over 4100rpm will completely blow out the props and they lose all bite, but stay under that and it climbs right out. I dont like doing it that way, because it is a bunch of blow out, which makes me nervous i guess. I can control the blow out from 2500rpm on, and just ease it up until it falls over. It takes twice as long to get on plane, but i just feel like it is easier on the drive. Let's just say that i will never be able to pull up a skier, even with blow out.

With this prop there is virtually no pad walk unless a cross wake knocks it off the pad. Even then, if you have ever driven a pad bottom boat before, it is just a quick correction and it will smooth out again and be rock solid.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
yes i have a fair amount of blowout gettng on plane, but if i ease into it it really isnt that bad. The fastest way to get on plane with or without tabs is to ease the throttle up until the props blow out, then let them spin at 3700rpm or so. It will fall right over. anything over 4100rpm will completely blow out the props and they lose all bite, but stay under that and it climbs right out. I dont like doing it that way, because it is a bunch of blow out, which makes me nervous i guess. I can control the blow out from 2500rpm on, and just ease it up until it falls over. It takes twice as long to get on plane, but i just feel like it is easier on the drive. Let's just say that i will never be able to pull up a skier, even with blow out.

With this prop there is virtually no pad walk unless a cross wake knocks it off the pad. Even then, if you have ever driven a pad bottom boat before, it is just a quick correction and it will smooth out again and be rock solid.

What prop are you using?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Labbed Bravo 1 32"
Old 08-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Registered

The local machine shop said no problem modifying the tail pipes. Project to start Wednesday. I expect to be done by the weekend. I will update with the progress.
Don
Old 08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Post the pix of the transom cut out!!!

Quick Reply: Kryptonite boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.