Notices

Kryptonite boats

Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dookie
Post the pix of the transom cut out!!!
My guys will be pulling the motor and transom Wednesday, Thursday we will rebuild the transon, Friday we will put it back together. If all goes well I will have it for a Friday evening run. I am pumped to see the change in handling and speed. I am going up 2" that will put the propshaft @ 1' below the bottom. I have a 1/2" spacer if I need to go lower. But think I will be ok.
I will post some pictures
Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

I've had mine for a little over two months and I can tell you this thing moves! Took it to NYC a couple times, ran into some big 6-8 footers on the way home. Went maybe 30-40mph the whole way back. When i got it on the trailer i was SURE id see at least 10 stress cracks! Couldnt find one single crack throughout the whole boat! On a side note, does anyone know where to get the white molding that holds up the windshield? My white one has got to go.
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite boats-boat-pics-001.jpg   Kryptonite boats-boat-pics-003.jpg   Kryptonite boats-boat-pics-004.jpg  

Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
I've had mine for a little over two months and I can tell you this thing moves! Took it to NYC a couple times, ran into some big 6-8 footers on the way home. Went maybe 30-40mph the whole way back. When i got it on the trailer i was SURE id see at least 10 stress cracks! Couldnt find one single crack throughout the whole boat! On a side note, does anyone know where to get the white molding that holds up the windshield? My white one has got to go.
Nice boat.
The 2002 I rigged did not have a windshield, we got one from Kirk. the windshield support (white plastic) look to be plastic. They were straight pieces we had to cut and shape. I dont know what to tell you, maybe PM Lightspeed, he may have an idea.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice boat. I have no clue where to get the white plastic, but i would like a small piece to make a small step so water doesnt run into the cabin from the cockpit.

Anyone else see the 2003 in the classifieds right now? Looks pretty good.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm

Anyone else see the 2003 in the classifieds right now? Looks pretty good.
I have seen that boat in person and spoken to the owner a few times. it is a nice piece for sure.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Island Wide Plastics 650-8 Montauk Hwy Bayport NY 631 472 6700 Tim ,,,Made All The Windshields For Kirk
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM
KN
Registered

What is the difference between the Kryptonites with the straight botton and the notched transom? In terms of speed handeling ride ect. ? Lightspeed are the seats in your old boat from PPI, how hard would it be to replace the stock seats with PPI buckets? I'm going to look at the 2003 in the classifieds next weekend. Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KN
What is the difference between the Kryptonites with the straight botton and the notched transom? In terms of speed handeling ride ect. ? Lightspeed are the seats in your old boat from PPI, how hard would it be to replace the stock seats with PPI buckets? I'm going to look at the 2003 in the classifieds next weekend. Thanks
Yes They Were PPI Seats I Supplied The Material And They Covered Them,,Should Be No Problem To Put Those Seats In
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Gold Member

I'm checking out the 2003 tomorrow afternoon...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KN
It looks like most of the recent race boats have the notched transom, but I certainly wouldnt trade my full bottom for a notch. I guess it could make it run a little better just by adding some extension and allowing a higher X.

These seats are damn comfortable, very supportive. I wouldnt think that it would be too terrible to replace the seats, but I dont know how the stock seats are secured. These seats just secure with a flange mounted base. i will get some pics if you want. May take a few days though.

Quick Reply: Kryptonite boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.