Notices

Kryptonite boats

Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
I've had mine for a little over two months and I can tell you this thing moves! Took it to NYC a couple times, ran into some big 6-8 footers on the way home. Went maybe 30-40mph the whole way back. When i got it on the trailer i was SURE id see at least 10 stress cracks! Couldnt find one single crack throughout the whole boat! On a side note, does anyone know where to get the white molding that holds up the windshield? My white one has got to go.
Boat still looks great. I was the owner of that boat back in 2001 when Kirk built it for me. He fabricated the windshield for me and that was the first Kryptonite to get a wind deflector. I am pretty sure he cut the white piece down on a table saw with the angle he needed and shaped it around the fairing. Does the boat still have the hp500 bulldog?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
It looks like most of the recent race boats have the notched transom, but I certainly wouldnt trade my full bottom for a notch. I guess it could make it run a little better just by adding some extension and allowing a higher X.

These seats are damn comfortable, very supportive. I wouldnt think that it would be too terrible to replace the seats, but I dont know how the stock seats are secured. These seats just secure with a flange mounted base. i will get some pics if you want. May take a few days though.
The seats are bolted in with machine bolts (not lags), on my 2005, anchored in to the fiberglas substrate. the 2002 I rigged had the bolsters lagged into a 1/2 peice of plywood glued into the floor (not a very good idea) The lags were cut down because the original rigger could not figure out how to get thru the heavy glass 1/2" below the floor on the inboard sides of both seats. We pulled the seats (they kept getting loose) and drilled thru the heavy fiberglass installed anchors and installed the machine bolts.
They ar rock solid now.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Nordic
Boat still looks great. I was the owner of that boat back in 2001 when Kirk built it for me. He fabricated the windshield for me and that was the first Kryptonite to get a wind deflector. I am pretty sure he cut the white piece down on a table saw with the angle he needed and shaped it around the fairing. Does the boat still have the hp500 bulldog?
Boat still has the hp500. Just got new cushions for the cabin installed a couple weeks ago. Boats going to Don Frost in a couple weeks for new cockpit interior. We're having all the scratches fixed and engine is getting rebuilt by Joey at ECM over the winter.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Boat still has the hp500. Just got new cushions for the cabin installed a couple weeks ago. Boats going to Don Frost in a couple weeks for new cockpit interior. We're having all the scratches fixed and engine is getting rebuilt by Joey at ECM over the winter.
Do you have some Cabin pic's you would post?
Thanks,
Don
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
KN
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
It looks like most of the recent race boats have the notched transom, but I certainly wouldnt trade my full bottom for a notch. I guess it could make it run a little better just by adding some extension and allowing a higher X.

These seats are damn comfortable, very supportive. I wouldnt think that it would be too terrible to replace the seats, but I dont know how the stock seats are secured. These seats just secure with a flange mounted base. i will get some pics if you want. May take a few days though.
If you get a chance to take some pics that would be great. Your boat is awesome I wish I had gone to look at it when it was for sale.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Registered

Please pardon the mess, she needs a bath pretty bad.

One more for good measure.....

Last edited by Philm; 08-14-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

2003 29' kryptonite sport, just returned home with fresh paint by predator powerboats in patchogue ny. Looking to sell hull only or with power. No drive either way. Boat was previously named In$anity from long island, ny. Will post pics soon. thank you

Last edited by 34disturbed; 08-14-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Registered

Is that the one in the classifieds? Blue paint job?

If not, make sure to post some pics so we can take a look.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 34disturbed
2003 29' kryptonite sport, just returned home with fresh paint by predator powerboats in patchogue ny. Looking to sell hull only or with power. No drive either way. Boat was previously named In$anity from long island, ny. Will post pics soon. thank you
If im not mistaken, isn't that the boat that barrel rolled a couple months ago? Heard there was a death???

PS: heres the cabin. Sorry for the bad quality, but its all carbon fiber Done by Don Frost Interiors

Does anyone have any ideas for a cockpit design???? Im having a hard time coming up with anything expect pure white
Attached Thumbnails Kryptonite boats-photo-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 08-14-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered

phil that is not my boat in westchester but i know the boat well and it is a great boat. My friend was the original owner in '03.

Quick Reply: Kryptonite boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.