Notices

Kryptonite boats

Old 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had it up to 6200rpm with no issues before. the cam card had it at .027" intake and .029" exhaust. Not sure what springs are in it. I will probably be pulling the motor.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
I have had it up to 6200rpm with no issues before. the cam card had it at .027" intake and .029" exhaust. Not sure what springs are in it. I will probably be pulling the motor.
When We Had The Motor On Zuls Dyno They Set The Valves At 18 Across The Board,,Made More HP,,That Cam Has The 7/4 Swap,,,I Have To Pull Out My Old Bills I Think They Were Comp Springs,,,
Old 08-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Registered

good to know if i am able to get it back together. I figured it had a swap for idle purposes.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

philm, any new news?
I am formulaing a rebuild plan for the winter of my own. I may convert to EFI and go with Procharger (I am a dealer) Or a 5 litter Whipple and dual quads. I have a Big block Bowtie, with merlin heads and lots of good parts MRD built, but may just sell it complete after freshening it up, and start from scratch with a tall deck and stroke it to 572. Too many options, I want about 1000-1100hp and 110-115mph
Anyone know or want to guess the weight of a Kryptoite? I am having mine weighed next week. It will be a wet test but will still gve me an idea. I may drain the fuel. Hope everyone is well. Have a safe holiday weekend
Don
Glen Harbor Marina
Watkins Glen, NY
Old 09-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRoc
philm, any new news?
I am formulaing a rebuild plan for the winter of my own. I may convert to EFI and go with Procharger (I am a dealer) Or a 5 litter Whipple and dual quads. I have a Big block Bowtie, with merlin heads and lots of good parts MRD built, but may just sell it complete after freshening it up, and start from scratch with a tall deck and stroke it to 572. Too many options, I want about 1000-1100hp and 110-115mph
Anyone know or want to guess the weight of a Kryptoite? I am having mine weighed next week. It will be a wet test but will still gve me an idea. I may drain the fuel. Hope everyone is well. Have a safe holiday weekend
Don
Glen Harbor Marina
Watkins Glen, NY
the 29's tipped the scales at 2,300 pounds and the 27's are about 2,200 pounds. thats hull only with no rigging.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

No new news really. I dont really have the funds for a full rebuild right now. I will probably have the motor rebuilt and see if i can sell it and buy a stock 500efi or 525efi. something that will run for 500hours or more with only oil changes. I am not sure right now though. Either that or have a new cam put in it that isnt so aggresive on the valve train.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

No new news really. I dont really have the funds for a full rebuild right now. I will probably have the motor rebuilt and see if i can sell it and buy a stock 500efi or 525efi. something that will run for 500hours or more with only oil changes. I am not sure right now though. Either that or have a new cam put in it that isnt so aggresive on the valve train.
Not a bad idea. what do you want for the 598?
Also do you know the trans angle of the 29 Kryptonite? I am talking to Arneson about a drive.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Registered

no clue what I want for it right now. I have a couple people who have PMed me asking to buy it as is, but I am not sure which way I would like to go with it yet. PM me an offer and maybe we can figure something out. How many hours does your motor have on it?

I am not sure about the transom angle. I was thinking about an arneson, but I just dont think that anyone has had good luck with a single vee surface drive, at least none that I have heard of. Could be a sweet setup.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

no clue what I want for it right now. I have a couple people who have PMed me asking to buy it as is, but I am not sure which way I would like to go with it yet. PM me an offer and maybe we can figure something out. How many hours does your motor have on it?

I am not sure about the transom angle. I was thinking about an arneson, but I just dont think that anyone has had good luck with a single vee surface drive, at least none that I have heard of. Could be a sweet setup.
they are a great drive and have a new set up that you can run bravo style props also I bought a Konrad ace with the tranny in the box and the drive is a shortie called X factor for my motor a DEAN GELLNER 572 BLOWER MOTOR around 1050hp noy dynoed yet. no sure what hull its going in I am looking at a few now. art.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Registered

Have an 03 29 kryptonte for sale hull and trailer only fresh custom paint. Mint boat, always well maintained!must sell. Ron

Quick Reply: Kryptonite boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.