Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ideas for Paint 36 Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174135-ideas-paint-36-skater.html)

bripar77 11-27-2007 04:18 PM

Ideas for Paint 36 Skater

1 Attachment(s)
I don't really like the Paint on my Boat (paint was already on it). It is a 2006 36 Classic. I am considering just repainting the back half instead of spending twice as much to repaint the whole boat. Anybody have thoughts about this.

TexomaPowerboater 11-27-2007 04:47 PM

How long have you had the boat? Maybe it will grow on you.

I'd go all white. Its boring I know, but never outdated. Plus you can always put on some vinyl graphics and when you go to sell - it will be a blank canvas.

Sweet boat

bripar77 11-27-2007 04:47 PM

Skater Paint

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a Sketch for the back half only Paint

bripar77 11-27-2007 04:49 PM

Skater Paint

I have only had it since Sept. 07'. I like an all white boat.

plumbers crack 11-27-2007 05:32 PM

36 skater

1 Attachment(s)
Its funny i just purchased a 36 skater and the boat is all yellow.It at least has a blank color to work with but I have been thinking about doing a complete wrap.The vinyl with the clear coat will last 10 yrs and cost 30% of what paint would.Assuming the hull has no dings why not wrap it and when you sell it the buyer can change it or keep it.

The designs can be endless and quite intricate.I like the paint as well but the skater has print through because of the epoxy and construction or at least some do.

I was referred yesterday to chris @ graphic effects about design ideas,he can design than email your local vinyl wrap guy the design and print it.I havent had the chance to call yet but it sounds like a good idea.

Indy 11-27-2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2350161)
How long have you had the boat? Maybe it will grow on you.

I'd go all white. Its boring I know, but never outdated. Plus you can always put on some vinyl graphics and when you go to sell - it will be a blank canvas.

Sweet boat

I agree...I'm one of the few who are totally tired of the tricked out paint schemes. The simpler the better. Mostly white with a classy spash of color here and there is cool with me. There was a thread posted recently of the Key West photos, the boat that struck me the most was the white Cig because it looked different than all the other kitchen sink paint jobs LOL!!

Oh BTW...killer boat!!!

Jigsaw89 11-27-2007 06:26 PM

Here's another vote for a mostly white boat with a classy spash of color! Do you really want your boat to look like the majority of those at a Poker Run or fast boat hangout?
Dan

bripar77 11-27-2007 06:52 PM

Skater Paint

Yes I have thought about mostly white with a small simple color or two. This will be nice in the Hot Summer Months on Lake Mead and Havasu.

Jupiter Sunsation 11-27-2007 07:47 PM

Paint MTI on it and it will be faster! :drink:

MikaylaHunterCig 11-27-2007 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2350459)
Paint MTI on it and it will be faster! :drink:

Funny......

The 36 Skater is a great boat and with the right paint even better... solid colors are great as they aren't trendy therefore never go out of style.

I don't find your current paint too bad but agree that he drawing is a more modern direction.