Notices

Whipple Charger-

Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sacred Ground
Thinking about going to Quad Whipples and selling our 871TBS and carbs-
Who has Whipples and how to you like them?
I have 2 complete sets I would like to sell. Newest compressors (3hrs old) all newest snouts and upgrades. PM me if your interested.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Who's electronic fuel injection software does everyone use?

Does Whipple make a fuel injection system or does each engine builder have to make/supply their own?
Call Mark at Precision marine 504-469-7463 he can help you .
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whipple can supply the complete EFI systems with MEFI 4 controller or you can use aftermarket ECU and harness. All the hardware is included in the kits. We use the FAST ECUs, but it really comes down to what you are most comfortable with. You must have the MEFI programming software to do the MEFI 4, which we have, as does Mark at Precision and Tyler Crockett.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Sacred Ground,
I would not hesitate to purchase a Whipple. I have done over 12 quadrotors and many more singles. It is pretty much the only supercharger that I use.

Rick,
The only EFI that I use is the MEFI 4. Personally, I think it is the best. But, you must have the software to tune them (which I do) and they are not very user friendly like some of the aftermarket systems. Everyone has their own preference and there are much easier systems to use then the MEFI, but I think the added work in tuning a MEFI is well worth it.
Eddie
Old 11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Question for you experts, I will need to 'tune' my engine once it is back together. Do I HAVE to send the computers back to Whipple? My engine guy is very familiar with this system but I think we are going to have a hard time getting into the computers now that Whipple has calibrated them. I think they lock the computers out don't they? Can we get into the computers ? It would be nice once the engine is on the dyno to tune it , rather than send the computers to Dustin along with the dyno sheets. Then try again....
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Jeff,
Without the password, the only thing you can do is to erase the program and start over. I'm sure Dustin is not going to give his password out. You should call him to be sure it is password protected, or you can try to open it yourself to see, but it must be powered up. That can be tough if the engine is apart, but it can be done by hooking up the harness. Hope this helps, Eddie.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, the idling issues and over all driveability are governed by the fuel injection system the engine builders choose.

EFI, MEFI4, Accell, etc.. Each is probably different in many unique ways.

I thought that maybe Whipple had its own EFI system that was tunable that they supplied with the blowers. Would add a lot more consistency to applications.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure Dustin password protects the ECM. If you have a dealer that you purchased through that is doing the tuning and has the software, Dustin may send him a copy of the file. He's done that for me before. Then he can fine tune it from there using a wide band 02 sensor.

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Question for you experts, I will need to 'tune' my engine once it is back together. Do I HAVE to send the computers back to Whipple? My engine guy is very familiar with this system but I think we are going to have a hard time getting into the computers now that Whipple has calibrated them. I think they lock the computers out don't they? Can we get into the computers ? It would be nice once the engine is on the dyno to tune it , rather than send the computers to Dustin along with the dyno sheets. Then try again....
Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered

My computer is protected, and I respect that. I just wondered if there was a way around it to make this easier and WAY quicker fo me. I guess I'll just send the computer with a dyno sheet. Trial and error.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

When we bought the Apache this summer I was adament about not buying a boat with blowers....that was hard to find with the weight of the boat, etc. and now realize that we need them in order to have the boat perform where we want.

I know my husband will know this but I just have to ask quickly.

What is the difference between whipples and blowers? Is there short version that puts it in a nutshell?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Whipple Charger-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.