Notices

Quad engine Deep Impact

Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why did you do the motors white ?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice.....very nice.........

just curious, customer decision or executive decision on rigging with w/ 4 strokes versus two stroke 300 opti's?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

The motors are painted white or whatever color to tie the boat together. If you saw the same boat with black motors it would look three feet shorter. This way they look part of the boat not an add on. And Mercury doesn't dig it either!

It is an option and you can have them black.

Enforcer,

The world has gone four stroke. That is what customers want. I can rig with 300 Opti engines but when you hear how quiet the motors are at idle, at speed, and then you don't need to carry oil, why would you put Optis on.

This is a high end custom boat and I would be willing to bet that near 99% would prefer the four stoke.

It does make for some interesting challenges because of the custom tie bar and motor mounts we had to make. We know the Opti boat would be quicker but most will give up the few mph for the lack of noise and convience.

I was listing to the stereo at 75mph, try that with Opti motors.

Carl
Old 12-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Not trying to argue and totally not dissin' your boat but the word is the 87mph quad 38TE Fountain was a stock hull built with the same molds and layup schedule as the boat I have. They did spend lots of time on set up and props. I personallt have been on the Hooter quad boat with 4 people and 3/4 tank of fuel running 83 with 250's so 300's proped and set up low fuel no electronics is doable.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered

Under pressure,

again very nice boat I do like the painted outboards. We will have to agree on disagreeing with four stroke vs. 2 stroke,.

As many comparisons have been done with weight ratios, cost of maintaining a 4 stroke vs. oil for two stroke, people I have spoke to that have owned both and are trying to go back to two strokes and as you mentioned performance and efficiency.

I do agree with nosie levels. However IMHO if you are going to strap on quads I would assume that the buyer is looking for speed.

And as far as higher end boats I hope you are not assumig that 2 strokes are cheap or lesser of an engine.!!!!!!

As you are well aware 2 strokes make your boats fly!!!

Triples Verados more understandable on a boat like yours.......but if the customer want's 4 strokes they always gets what he/she want's.

Again, Very nice boat not trying to take anything thing away from it at all. Just trying to understand why the 300 optis are not being used more.

Tony
Old 12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Wanna go for a ride?

Ok, I can only run 72.7MPH but can do it with my Opti's.

Sweet ride and congrats again- love to see the Performace CC market taking off like it has!!

NEED A STEREO WITH MORE HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tell Tammy happy Birthday

Mark and Patti

Originally Posted by underpressure
The motors are painted white or whatever color to tie the boat together. If you saw the same boat with black motors it would look three feet shorter. This way they look part of the boat not an add on. And Mercury doesn't dig it either!

It is an option and you can have them black.

Enforcer,

The world has gone four stroke. That is what customers want. I can rig with 300 Opti engines but when you hear how quiet the motors are at idle, at speed, and then you don't need to carry oil, why would you put Optis on.

This is a high end custom boat and I would be willing to bet that near 99% would prefer the four stoke.

It does make for some interesting challenges because of the custom tie bar and motor mounts we had to make. We know the Opti boat would be quicker but most will give up the few mph for the lack of noise and convience.

I was listing to the stereo at 75mph, try that with Opti motors.

Carl
Old 12-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered

Cool looking boat, I like all the seating, white engins and tan seating/trim.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Nice #'s Congrats!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered

Mark,

Told her your birthday wish. Paulies card was off the hook and he drove all night to get down.

Tony,

No offense taken. Please understand that I can build with whatever you choose and will happily do it. You are correct that ultimate speed would be two stroke, but almost every buyer except the balls to the wall guy has gone four stroke because of the noise and oil and sacrificed a couple of mph. Buyers today are four stroke crazy.

I have a 36 Cuddy triple 250 Opti's with a custom jackplate here and it will run about 72 mph. The boat runs awesome but the two guys I am working both want to pull the motors and put on 4 strokes.

Something a lot of people miss is that some hulls like weight in the back and the Deep Impact is one of them. Remember this boat was designed as a four stroke boat and sits well with scuppers above water even on the four engine. Some like the Midnight are inches under water even with three motors.

Mike,

Boat may be from the stock mold but it is a potato chip in weight. Dennis stepped on the gunnel at Fountain and was amazed how much it leaned. They kind of smiled slyly. Either way it is not even close to 15,000 lbs. I saw the boat next to me in the rough and he was always out of the water coming back from Key West. One of my customers in a triple 36 Deep Impact was also next to me so it was a good comparison of both. Anyways whos racing!

Maryland,

I was only saying the noise at that speed, not that you could't get there with two strokes. My buddy who ran with me in the quad loved everything about it and the ride but he missed the big block noise. I told him we need more stereo power and a great cd of big block exhaust! I love the noise myself as anyone who has heard my Cigarette will tell you.

Carl
Attached Thumbnails Quad engine Deep Impact-36-deep-impact-07-003.jpg   Quad engine Deep Impact-36-deep-impact-05-003.jpg   Quad engine Deep Impact-36-deep-impact-l-shape-005.jpg  

Quick Reply: Quad engine Deep Impact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.