We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir

Notices

We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir

Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir

Has anybody been taxed/charged a fee to use the body of water/lake in your area?

Pearl River Water Supply District here in Mississippi is going to charge us a Tax/fee to use our Reservoir. Its only 4 miles wide.33,000 acres including the upper river.The 50 bucks isn't that big of a deal,its the point of the fee and I guess we'll get a sticker

http://www.northsidesun.com/articles...29/news/02.txt

Attached Thumbnails We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir-03-017_17-large-.jpg   We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir-rez-2.jpg   We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir-monday-april-28-2003-image-10-medium-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Good thing they won't charge by foot. In your azz.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Seems a little steep to me...we have the Game and Parks fee's but they don't care whether or not your using the lake or not...just a fee to use the State maintained areas...

Is that only for that body of water? It looks like their trying to deter recreational boating of any kind...
Old 11-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Rob
VIP Member

This is up river ,Winter time low water,about 25 miles up from the dam.ck out the stumps. When they built it they cut all the trees at 3ft for the fishingit avarages 5-15 foot.We dont go up river when the water drops 18 inches and just hang in the lower part by the dam.The boat shops here do good on drive work.

Attached Thumbnails We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir-flag-island-medium-.jpg   We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir-scan10002-medium-.jpg   We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir-browns-landing-1-medium-.jpg  

Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Seems a little steep to me...we have the Game and Parks fee's but they don't care whether or not your using the lake or not...just a fee to use the State maintained areas...

Is that only for that body of water? It looks like their trying to deter recreational boating of any kind...

Just if you are in the water,I wonder what its going to cost for them the enforce it?$$$ the man power at the ramps telling them to pay the fee,order the sticker? There going to let the cops collect the money

Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one cares, its mississippi.. please keep all material that is not related to me of the gd please... i will allow you to make a nice thread about me, hows that.....
Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

It kind of makes you wonder what your Tax dollars are going for? oh that's right we have to pay for everyone who's not supposed to be here...

Sounds like a bunch of BS and somebody just trying to get more revenue for themselves.... What's the reasoning for adding a fee like that?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
no one cares, its mississippi.. please keep all material that is not related to me of the gd please... i will allow you to make a nice thread about me, hows that.....

Yes your Royal highnass
Attached Images  

Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here in San Diego, if we want to use San Vicente for sking or fishing, it's 20 bucks a day. No annual pass is available.

Darrell.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake George, NY
Must pay according to boat size and class. You can buy daily, weekly or for the season. Mine (seasonal) cost almost $300.00. (36 Outlaw.) The say they use the money to keep the lake healthy but in reality its for enforcement.
If you have a private dock you must also get a marina permit each year. I think that cost me $37.50 last year.

Quick Reply: We're getting Taxed to use our Reservoir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.