Notices

cigarette deal-need help

Old 12-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

Like Bobby said, it's an older flat deck. I recall someone was interested in this boat about 3 or 4 years ago and it was brought up that it isn't a "real" cigarette. there was some deal where another boat manufacturer built some flat deck Cigs in the late 80's using the flat deck molds (cigarette had begun the Top Gun in 87 and I assume Craig or one of the others leased the molds to the other company to build the 'out dated' boats). If you check the HIN it wont be a Cigarette HIN #. And like Bobby said, it's been for sale for about 5 years on and off now.

With all that said, I'm not saying it couldn't be a good boat at a good price. Just check it out.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
I could already tell it isn't a Top Gun... I thought they made a flat deck and a top gun in '87 so I'm asking what makes it older than '87. Just trying to learn.

Here's another '87 Flat Deck for sale: http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_de...&srh_next=true
As Tank said below, they aren't "real" Cigarettes.

Originally Posted by thisistank
Like Bobby said, it's an older flat deck. I recall someone was interested in this boat about 3 or 4 years ago and it was brought up that it isn't a "real" cigarette. there was some deal where another boat manufacturer built some flat deck Cigs in the late 80's using the flat deck molds (cigarette had begun the Top Gun in 87 and I assume Craig or one of the others leased the molds to the other company to build the 'out dated' boats). If you check the HIN it wont be a Cigarette HIN #. And like Bobby said, it's been for sale for about 5 years on and off now.

With all that said, I'm not saying it couldn't be a good boat at a good price. Just check it out.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
As Tank said below, they aren't "real" Cigarettes.
is like like saying they arn't "real" boobs

PS hey Tim... last I heard you said screw it and just left your skater somewhere and never went back
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

how would you deterime the "true" value of the boat?.....I wish we could find out who made it.....

I just wonder how much it could be bought for, especially if it's been for sale for that long....
Old 12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

hi everybody; long time no post
my friend phone talked with the seller ; he has a story about 87-90 stuff. he says boat was made in 87 shipped to norway then turned back to us and registered as 90. refreshed in late 90's (I dont remember the exact time will ask tomorrow)

glassdave; nice to see you ; boating is living its golden days in turkey for the moment, they have international championship races,lots of new boats, vb vb , but i have no relation with marine stuff and not planning soon.

packinair:nice to see you too ; yep i left and never visited my boat since 2002 or 2003 and will not,may be later if i feel that i need a boat , my plan is also to buy a complete one from states and import it to here but not soon

as i understand from your posts : this boat is not a good cigarette but nice for its price am i right?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: You have a message (Listing ID: 19925)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 06:09:18 -0700

The boat was built in Oct of '86 as a '87 model(last two digits of HIN are 87)The boat was bought directly from Cigarette & shipped to Norway,when it came back in '90 it was titled for the first time a '90 why,I don't know.As far as the state of Florida is concerned the boat is a 1990,even though it is an '87.I bought the boat from Gregg Carlisle who owns Naples Athletic Center,in Jan '06 for $52'000.The boat was completey redone in 2000,The 502's,new helm,bulkhead,interior,pop up cleats,pop up bow light,transmissions & drives where rebuilt in '04.When I bought the boat ,it had been sitting on the trailer for 6 mos.,port engine had hung valves.I gave the boat toBoating Performance Center Inc.,theyt are a marine power dealer.They rebuilt the heads on the starboard mtr.I told them to do whatever they felt should be serviced on the boat they did a wide of sericing .THe bill was about 5500,in sept '06 I had new gas tanks installed,5000.The boat is turn key & in my opinion looks better than alot of the newer gaudier Cigs.Thanks for your interest Peter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: You have a message (Listing ID: 19925)
> Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:21:44 -0600
> From: [email protected]
>
> Dear member,
>
> You have been sent the following message :
>
> ------------------------------------
> Subject :
> 1990?1987? TOP GUN
> ------------------------------------
> Message :
> I am interested in this boat. I am confused wıth the age.As I spoke on the phone you told me that because it went to europe and the death of the Cig.owner
> in the papers it says '90 but the real age was 87.In 87 the cocpit,cabin enterance door and cabin interior was different.Need to know the correct year.
>
> thanks
>
> erol
Old 12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

here are the emails between my friend and the seller
Old 12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by timucin
The boat was built in Oct of '86 as a '87 model(last two digits of HIN are 87)The boat was bought directly from Cigarette & shipped to Norway,when it came back in '90 it was titled for the first time a '90 why,I don't know.As far as the state of Florida is concerned the boat is a 1990,even though it is an '87.
If the boat was built and shipped out of the country without ever being titled in the USA, then this is why the boat is titled as a 1990. In 1990 the boat was registered for the very first time in the states.....so even though the hull was built in 87, the USA never knew the boat existed until 1990 when it was brought back to the states...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

pretty much the same story I was told when I looked at it
a year or so ago.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:33 PM

check the vin number 1990 i dont think so 1987 was the last year they made the flat deck it might not be a cigarette they made a boat that looked like a cigarette i dont know the name right know

Quick Reply: cigarette deal-need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.