Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them? >

Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them?

Notices

Blueprint Engines-anyone familiar with them?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
I have two 383 sbc from a customer in Opalocka they came with no balancers and flywheels when we called the owners of blueprint they could not answer if they were internal or external balanced so the owner of the engines took them apart to find they were never balanced and used a standard bearing that was down to the copper on the radius were they were not clearanced for the radius
All Blueprint marine engines are sold with a 12 month warranty. I would like to look into this problem more, what is your tracking number from when you called in, or do you have the serial numbers for the engines?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the responses! 2007Baja, are you an owner of Blueprint engines? I didn't see warranty info on your web site. Warranty is a concern, since you sell factory direct, how does the warranty work? Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

The warranty is for 12 months unlimited hours and it covers parts and labor. This warranty does not apply to commercial or charter boats.
The warranty works like this; if you have a problem with one of our engines, call us and our warranty department will work directly with your marina or boat mechanic to resolve the problem. If you would like more detailed info or dyno sheets on any of our engines, Email me and I'll send it to you.
[email protected]
Old 12-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

NOMO, are these engines complete like Blueprints engines? Carb, intake, distributor etc.? Are they set up with a "marine" cam? Do your engines have inconnel marine valves?
2007Baja, Thanks for the info.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered

Hey Robert,

These engines are long blocks. They come block, heads, all internals, timing covers and a long block gasket set (no exhaust gaskets). They also have inconnel exhaust valves. They are fuel injected motors only. They are a replacement for the 496 and 496 ho's from mercury. All of our internals are brand new, not used or reconditioned. Our cranks, rods, pistons, cylinder heads etc. are brand new gm components. they are all hand assembled and tested. You would need to use your oil pan, valve covers, intake and accesories on our motors. You must also replace the oil coolers to validate our warranty. Cleaning them is not an option.