Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody have a picture of the red Cigarette Cover girl 38 SE from 1988 Powerboat Mag >

Anybody have a picture of the red Cigarette Cover girl 38 SE from 1988 Powerboat Mag

Notices

Anybody have a picture of the red Cigarette Cover girl 38 SE from 1988 Powerboat Mag

Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

I dont know who has it, these are from a thread that was posted some time ago.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin

Why haven't all the whiners on the site flamed this pic yet?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Because you can clearly see her lanyard on her left wrist.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee

LOL.......isn't that the truth!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Cver Girl 38

Originally Posted by glassdave
I dont know who has it, these are from a thread that was posted some time ago.
I first saw the boat in the magazine then was actually on the boat way back when (1985? 1986?) at the Annapolis Boat show with Craig Barrie and Gary Brightwell. For a long time, it belonged to an old friend of mine named Ray Clary (second owner). He may still have it. Ray kept it in a marina in Indian River Inlet Delaware. He first called the boat 'Blown Income', changed it to 'Top Fuel' for a while, then back to 'Blown Income'. Really nice guy who did most of his own work on the boat. He was (is?) a high - end women's hair stylist in the DC suburbs. Back in the 80's he was getting $350 to $750 a haircut. He and his wife boated out of Indian River for a long time then may have moved up to the Chesapeake Bay when Smokin' Joe moved to the Chesapeake. It was quite a pack of boats when we all got together; Blown Income, Smokin' Joe, Insane Warrior, Ultimate Warrior, Jennie's Expresss, Lethal Weapon, PTM Express, Deadly Mission.

I clipped out the original magazine article for Ray and never managed to get it to him. I still have it in a desk drawer some where.

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Dave, what was the name of the thread where you found the pictures?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
I first saw the boat in the magazine then was actually on the boat way back when (1985? 1986?) at the Annapolis Boat show with Craig Barrie and Gary Brightwell. For a long time, it belonged to an old friend of mine named Ray Clary (second owner). He may still have it. Ray kept it in a marina in Indian River Inlet Delaware. He first called the boat 'Blown Income', changed it to 'Top Fuel' for a while, then back to 'Blown Income'. Really nice guy who did most of his own work on the boat. He was (is?) a high - end women's hair stylist in the DC suburbs. Back in the 80's he was getting $350 to $750 a haircut. He and his wife boated out of Indian River for a long time then may have moved up to the Chesapeake Bay when Smokin' Joe moved to the Chesapeake. It was quite a pack of boats when we all got together; Blown Income, Smokin' Joe, Insane Warrior, Ultimate Warrior, Jennie's Expresss, Lethal Weapon, PTM Express, Deadly Mission.

I clipped out the original magazine article for Ray and never managed to get it to him. I still have it in a desk drawer some where.

Barry
I thought that boat blown income is a top gun ,its on a lift at londontown marina in edgewater, md. its now yellow
Old 12-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Blown Income - Hot Duck / Will may remember this.

Originally Posted by 38flatdeck
I thought that boat blown income is a top gun ,its on a lift at londontown marina in edgewater, md. its now yellow
Ray may have bought a new boat. I believe the original Cover Girl was the boat ray had for years. I am not aware of Cigarette building a subsequent Cover Girl Top Gun.

Hot Duck / Will - Do you have any recollection?

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
Dave, what was the name of the thread where you found the pictures?
cant remember off hand. it was several years ago, I will see if i can dig it up.

I built this back in the late 80's shortly after i got the issue of Boating. had it out this summer

its an interesting article, I believe they set out to build a super performance non race boat. used all the goodies of the day and the boat went 72 or so, pretty sleepy by todays standards but it paved the way for much of what the sport has become. And it was also equipped with what would come to be known as "The Covergirl" cabin. I hope it is in good hands today, to me this is like a Boss 9 Mustang or a Yenko Camaro. very much historically significant, i will try and scan the text.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a picture of the red Cigarette Cover girl 38 SE from 1988 Powerboat Mag-sanduskybayrc-005-medium-.jpg   Anybody have a picture of the red Cigarette Cover girl 38 SE from 1988 Powerboat Mag-sanduskybayrc-007-medium-.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 12-21-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

That is bad ass!

Quick Reply: Anybody have a picture of the red Cigarette Cover girl 38 SE from 1988 Powerboat Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.