Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions... >

Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions...

Notices

Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions...

Old 12-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Why is she not in jail????
The guy that hit me and broke every bone in my left arm, 2 bones in my right arm, my pelvis and the fact I lost my ENTIRE left leg NEVER went to jail. Just because you almost kill somebody or maime them for life due to YOUR careless driving does not mean you really have to pay for anything.

...and then your (the person that loses a limb or breaks just about everything) gets sued by the insurance company and then has to write the insurance company and the attorney a big check....

the real loser always in these types of deals is the person that got hit...they lose there life as they new it and they lose a lot of there money!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatme
What a crock

Pain and suffering should never be reimbursed

Life is pain and suffering

Hell I have been married 4 times

You want to talk about pain and suffering some one should be paying me

new tv show Lawsuits Gone Wild
unitl you know what pain and suffering really is and lose a limb or get disfiguered for the rest of your life I do not believe you really know what it is like!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by open72
will he ever be able to ever actually collect this amount of money?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike
unitl you know what pain and suffering really is and lose a limb or get disfiguered for the rest of your life I do not believe you really know what it is like!
I'm with ya Mike! Let him follow you around for 24 hours!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

I am sure it is alot of work but no one should get paid for pain and suffering

That indicates we should have some form of guarantee everytime something goes wrong

Every day people face unique challenges every single day

there are alot of people that are walking around (or not walking ) disabled or disfigured from birth
do they sue there parents ???? Oh yea some do

paying for medical bills are one thing, Pain and suffering is a crock I stand by my statement
Old 12-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Mike,

I am sure it is alot of work but no one should get paid for pain and suffering

That indicates we should have some form of guarantee everytime something goes wrong

Every day people face unique challenges every single day

there are alot of people that are walking around (or not walking ) disabled or disfigured from birth
do they sue there parents ???? Oh yea some do

paying for medical bills are one thing, Pain and suffering is a crock I stand by my statement
Being born with out a limb and losing a limb is so different I should understand that YOU would never know who it changes ones life!

Let me clue you into something....being born with out a limb does not hurt nor do you suffering any nerve pain every day...your brain does not know any better. Losing a limb is far different. Again you really ned to back up and re-think your statements on this subject.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Mike

I am sure you are passionate about this, and I take it you have a limb missing I dont know you to know different

I have backed up to look at this and I know many people with afflictions that have occurred later in life
One who was disfigured from burning and he will side with me

he continues to deal with his issues and has had insurance pay for the reconstruction and healing

Though he still has pain and is permantly disfigured he does not seek financil help from the person whose actions cause him this permanent disfigurement

life is pain and suffering, and beyond the repair, it does not mean someone should be paid ridicules money (Millions)

Lawsuits are sucking this country dry along with stupid financial payments for accidents (they dont call em on purposes) sure the idiot drunk driver deserves punishment and the family reimbursement for medical expenses but after that it should not be a windfall

Tis just my opinion and I mean no offence

I stand by my statement
Old 12-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Yes I lost my entire left leg due to being hit on my motorcycle on Feb 6th 2003. This was all over OSO and I see you have been a member since 2001 so I though you knew about this and who I am.

Chit happens and it really sucks and the world continues on however with accidents like mine and the one on this thread your life and what you have to put up with is changed for ever and NOT for the good. This is becuase of other negligence and they should be hit where it hurts too.

You say you know many people that have been inflicted with injuries like this and they agree with you.....????.... I see people every week and/or month with inflicted injuries like I have during my hospital visits and prosthetic clinic visits to meet with those that are getting ready to go through what I went through and have not met a single 1. hummmm....

Mike

I am sure you are passionate about this, and I take it you have a limb missing I dont know you to know different

I have backed up to look at this and I know many people with afflictions that have occurred later in life
One who was disfigured from burning and he will side with me

he continues to deal with his issues and has had insurance pay for the reconstruction and healing

Though he still has pain and is permantly disfigured he does not seek financil help from the person whose actions cause him this permanent disfigurement

life is pain and suffering, and beyond the repair, it does not mean someone should be paid ridicules money (Millions)

Lawsuits are sucking this country dry along with stupid financial payments for accidents (they dont call em on purposes) sure the idiot drunk driver deserves punishment and the family reimbursement for medical expenses but after that it should not be a windfall

Tis just my opinion and I mean no offence

I stand by my statement
Old 12-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
will he ever be able to ever actually collect this amount of money?

i have no idea, i'm sure it will be appealed though...

didn't brett represent you?(not that it is any of my business)..

and to boatme- i belive people should be compensated for pain and suffering. someone hurts someone and takes apart their ability to enjoy life as we were born(all body parts) someone should pay.

now , do i think sean and darlene should be responsable for that , i don't think so. the female who hit the person should be.

i'm sure brett did the best he could at trial to show the jury his client was not responsable ,but i am not a lawyer , and do not know the laws in the state of florida.

but one does have to wonder if the trial was by "jury of his peers"...
Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered

Mike,

I am not going to argue this with you as I can not stand in your shoes nor do I want to

But I am not uninformed on this subject

My wife is a nurse and i know what you are talking about

This is my opinion and i do not think anyone should be handed a lump of money for accidents this is just how i feel

I hope for you your life is long and your pain is minimal

Quick Reply: Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.