Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Notices

Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Hello All,
I’m looking for advice with regard to buying a brand new 2007 authentic Rolex Submariner with 18 karat gold and stainless steel bracelet with blue face and bezel. The bezel also has 18 karat gold. I’m interested in this watch featuring the Chapter Series which has Rolex repeatedly inscribed on the small stainless rim just outside the blue dial with the serial number inscribed directly below the 6 o’clock mark. Pictured is the model I’m talking about (as copied from ebay). The pictured watch does not have the Chapter Series option.

I’ve checked my local jewelers and they’re not willing to discount the watch beyond 13% off MSRP. There must be a dealer out there that’s willing to discount deeper than 13%.

I checked ebay and found a broker out of NY that appears to offer the best deal. His username is topnotch-watch and has 100% feedback with 354 recorded sales. If you read the comments from those that have purchased from topnotch-watch, everyone has positive things to say. I spoke with him on the phone briefly & he claims to be an exclusive Rolex dealer with five of these watches in stock, but none with the Chapter Series option.

Would you trust an ebay seller in this type of sale? An internet or similar type purchase would also save 7% from not having to pay sales tax.

Would you have the watch professionally checked for authenticity upon receipt?

Would you attempt to purchase the watch from topnotch-watch by circumventing ebay and buy it direct by negotiating a further discount based on the savings from not being listed on ebay? A complete itemized list of exactly what is being included in the sale would have to be either emailed or faxed to me (contract) prior to the exchange of any money.

Can you recommend someone legit who can get me the new watch I want within the next few days at a competitive price?

Here’s a link to the watch as featured in one of the topnotch-watch auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner...QQcmdZViewItem

Also notice that pictures of the same watch are being used for three of the topnotch-watch auctions.

I’m a real buyer who’s looking for advice.
Thanks!
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex-rolex.jpg  

Last edited by Jigsaw89; 10-21-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

I have the same watch you're looking for. The only sub that has the RolexRolexRolex around the chapter ring at this time is the all 18K one. Where from Jersey are you from? I can point you in the right direction depending on where you want to shop. Most importantly, if you're going to buy from anyone but the dealer, you better be sure you know your stuff. The one on the ebay link looks good, but who's to say that's what they're sending you. It's too easy to get beat. That watch retails for a touch under 8. 13% discount from a dealer isn't too bad at all.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply!

I hail from Bergen County, NJ. Ross & Simon's Jewelers in the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus had the watch I want in stock with the inscribed Chapter ring. I'm by no means a watch expert, but I'm 100% certain I was not looking at the all 18k model (which looks fake to me).

I'm shopping in NY & NJ.
Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by Jigsaw89; 10-21-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

Try Martin Bender Jewelers in Valparasio Indiana. Ask for Martin. He has been a long time Rolex dealer and will deal. You will have to call information to get the phone number. He will send you one fed-ex if available..He did this for me 8 years ago.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

gold rolex?

ask reggie!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered

I'd only consult Reggie if I was into wearing B.A. Baracus neck bling! LOL

Originally Posted by dreamer
gold rolex?

ask reggie!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
Thanks for the quick reply!

I hail from Bergen County, NJ. Ross & Simon's Jewelers in the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus had the watch I want in stock with the inscribed Chapter ring. I'm by no means a watch expert, but I'm 100% certain I was not looking at the all 18k model (which looks fake to me).

I'm shopping in NY & NJ.
Thanks,
Dan

Cool. First I've heard of that model (16613) showing up with the RRR on it. Rolex is moving toward that across the line. It's mostly an anti-counterfeiting detail. I was going to suggest a very reputable second hand (but brand new) dealer or 2 in monmouth county, but you're a bit north of there. If you're dead set on getting the RRR, you're going to be stuck shopping at an authorized dealer. unless you have a pre existing relationship with an AD, they're less likely to deal. Especially bigger outfits like Ben Bridges or Tourneu.

Good luck with your hunt. You'll realy like the watch, even if the 18k on the braclet is a scratch magnet.....
Old 10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks again, guys. The more I think about it the more it makes sense to purchase the watch from a reputable authorized dealer who has a physical retail presence within a reasonable distance from where I am. It's just too easy to get beat by a counterfeit.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I have some really good connections in the wholesale market. I am a collector and buy at the lowest point someone can without buying in bulk. If you want me to check around send me a PM. If you buy right it is a good investment, if you buy 13% back of retail you will loose a bit, but that is ok to some.

The last two SS/ 18K Blue dial Subs like that I had, D serial, I paid about $5500-$5700 for them New In Box and Open papers, but I know they are now producing Z and there has been about a 7% increase on price since the two I had.

Clark

Last edited by crb76; 10-22-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The downside of the SS/gold Sub is that's the most common style of knockoff. Second is the SS/gold Datejust. Everyone copies it and most people who recognize it's a Rolex assume it's a fake.

I bought a SS Datejust w/ jubilee bracelet 25 years ago and wear it every day. Bought an Explorer I for casual/dress and an IWC for dress. I considered an SS Daytona but can't get past the absolute gouge price. Same for the all-gold. An ouce and a half of gold adds 10K to the price

Quick Reply: Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.