Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's cold here Need new job >

It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well shure is a lot of hostility toward the Northeast. Must be because of the lack of a proper gene pool in the South and Midwest.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

buyers market for sure, the Best deal is in North Port ,a lot of brand new homes, that averaged $225,000 a year ago are listing for $145,000 now, however the same home in Sarasota would be selling for $325,000 and N port is only 20 miles south, like always location. i picked Nokomis as proximity to everthing and not crowded, got 6 semi wooded acres with a 1.5 acre lake east of 75 but 3 miles from 41, which is the north /south business rd, you would never find that in Sarasota, Bradenton is cheaper too but in my opinion
a crappy town
Old 12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

I will have to check that out in North Port. Sorry to all you north easterners for whats being said. I think that everyone is talking in general and not speaking of everyone from there. My opinion is that the boating people are generally friendly no matter where they are from. But what do I know.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dwtinc
Like I said in the past I think that the economy will come back and Florida once again with be the place to run to. I wouldn't know how to act if I had things easy anyways. I have been self employed for a long time and having a paycheck on Friday would be different. Copiercat what is the housing market doing in the counties that you mentioned. Again that is one reason I am interested in making a move for the chance of taking the advantage of a bottomed out housing market.
All kinds of info here

http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...-why-aren.html
Old 12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Florida will always be great medium or long term. Short term at the moment is a bich. Just accept it and work with it. All of my Investor buyers won't even think about selling for 5 years, give or take. There are absolutely no short term gains to be had in South Florida. Unless you are talking Manhattan, go med. or long term. But there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

Outlaw thanks for the link to that site. Its interesting. What I have been finding out that nobody is happy with where they live. It really too bad. I would be happy here if it wasn't 26 degrees right now with an inch of ice. Ok I am happy only because most people in my area doesn't have power because of the ice but I was one of the fortunate ones that didn't loose it and have 3 girls staying with me from 26 to 35 years old until they get their power back on.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered

Thanks for the advice Mark and I would not be in for short term. You would have to agree that there should be more of an opportunity in a state that has a good the track record for growth. People will come back. In your opinion is the market bottomed out or will it go farther.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

but I was one of the fortunate ones that didn't loose it and have 3 girls staying with me from 26 to 35 years old until they get their power back on.

You got 3 girls with you and want to leave that behind and come to FLA with all the gold diger bytches??
Something is wrong here. I'll go to Siberia for 3 girls..
Old 12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

Its only temporary until they get their lights back on. Are you still with your sweetie?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

Outlaw thanks for the link to that site. Its interesting. What I have been finding out that nobody is happy with where they live. It really too bad. I would be happy here if it wasn't 26 degrees right now with an inch of ice. Ok I am happy only because most people in my area doesn't have power because of the ice but I was one of the fortunate ones that didn't loose it and have 3 girls staying with me from 26 to 35 years old until they get their power back on.
No problemo...man... It is true that few people are happy where they live...human nature I guess...It's easy to blame all the problems in life on the place that you live. I too am sick of the cold and snow here...but I'm sure I will be complaining(again) about the humidity in Florida once I make it back down there...nature of the beast.

If you pick a city on the site, you can see stats and links to related forum subjects at the bottom...not all are negative.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.