It's cold here Need new job >

It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Thanks Mark,, Since I am a GC, I am looking to buy a lot and build a hurricane proof, home for my self and possibly market the design. IT isn't any more costly then a std Concerte block home. Just a better design. Most home builders are not accustomed for specialty construction. I am since I do mostly commercial work.

No problem. I used to be Custom Home Builder myself - and designed everything I ever built. I would be very interested to see your plans. I've come up with a few decent sketches for a Cat. 4-5 home too. If you're gonna build, it's the way to go. Just don't open a model for about 3 years. More builders have gone under than survived lately. I'm sure you Commercial guys have some neat tricks in your tool pouch - I'd like to learn a few new ones.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
Put "OSO Buddy" on the subject line. Then give me some criteria and price range. I'll put together a sample of gulf access lots in the better parts of the Cape. I can search what is in Ft. Myers also - but they will be much more $ than in the Cape.

Mark
Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea...in Miami for a weading and the cashier at a quickie corner store didn't speak english...all i needed were rubbers and shaving cream....
Old 12-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Rubbers and shaving cream. I am not going to ask.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Hey Tim G I went to call you and your tread is gone. I should of wrote your number down earlier but didn't think about it. I can imagine why you took it off. You can reach me at [email protected] Thanks and I am looking forward to talking with you.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Mark. I will drop you an E-mail..soon..

Giiees,,.. Thank gowd spelling doesn't count here. (I just read my own post)
Old 12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

dwtinc,

I've lived here in Ft Myers for six years now and can honestly say, that after having grown up in the south (Miss,Alabama,and Tennessee) which are known for their hospitality and friendliness, this is as friendly a place to live as any.

My business has locations on the east coast (West Palm) as well as the west coast (Ft Myers) and the guys that work on the east coat can't believe how much nicer the people are over here. I do believe, as some others have stated, that this is due to the mid-west influence here compared to the northeast influence on the east side.

Our boat club here is awesome (check out regional forum FMO) and the boating is year round. Yes, the economy has slowed down, but it's a hell of a time to buy property. I live in south FM, because I keep my boat at a marina at Ft Myers Beach, but you can't go wrong in the SW Cape.

If you get down here, look me up. Cell 239-220-9410. I'll show you what all this area has to offer.
Tom
Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered

Thanks Tom I will keep that in mind. You don't know of any employment opportunities do you.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Hey Bouy, my home is in Morrow - just outside of Lebanon. I'm about 45 min. from the river. Not too far from you. It's just in the country and I'm used to a bit of a drive. We need to meet up when I get back. Just might be at the end of December. Not looking forward to the freakin cold!

I looked at living on a boat myself. My big dog made that a bit unrealistic. Now I have a pup also - too much for a boat. Actually, it would cost the same as a decent home here with a pool - but I'd do it if I could.

I spent plenty of summers and a few winter weekends up on Erie. Toledo winters would have put me in a mental ward if it were full time. Florida weather is awesome, but it's tough to make a buck down here at this time.

BTW - How is your older dog doing? If he passed, I'm sorry.
No, that's not to far. Do you already have a home there, or are you buying? If you're in the country, any chance you have a barn with space for a 24 Pantera for the rest of the winter - I need to get some more work done so she's ready for paint in the spring. Maybe we could work something out?

I was born down in St. Pete beach, and always wanted to get back down there. But I grew up in Toledo, and yes, the winters were miserable. I started working in Construction at 18, eventually had my own Co., can't believe today that I managed to work outside those winters up there.

Thanks for asking about Riley, unfortunately I had to put have him put down a week after my wife started that thread. If you feel like crying http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...&highlight=dog

Originally Posted by getchasum111
where u from bouyhunter....i'm in somerset
I'm in Hebron - you're not far at all. I've been boatless for the past 5 years, and just picked up the Pantera late last summer. Got some projects going on.
What are you running?

Originally Posted by getchasum111
yea...in Miami for a weading and the cashier at a quickie corner store didn't speak english...all i needed were rubbers and shaving cream....
Funny, but true story.
My wife and I got married on the beach in St. Pete 4 years ago. We were at a convention in Orlando for the weekend, and had already arranged to have the Notary and everything to do the service on Monday. Had to get the license 24 hrs. before the service. Went to the courthouse in Orlando, and after filling out all the paperwork and paying the fee, they handed us a gift pack.
It included trial size shampoo, soap, maybe a candle, AND rubbers and shave cream.

Sorry to be taking this thread so many different directions dw.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

You are not bothering me Bouy and in fact I find it all interesting
Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dwtinc
I worked in a automotive machine shop years ago. I have some knowledge of the business as a friend of mine owns a industrial repair machine shop and I have several friends that work in them. If its operating a machine I would see no problem. I know how to read mics and know I could learn most anything. As far as pay I really don't know what it would cost to live there but I do not require much to live on. I only want to get paid an honest wage for what I am worth. What types of equipment are you talking about? What materials do you work with? Thanks
Star and Citizen Swiss Screw Machines, we machine mostly Medical Grade Titanium, Stainless steel, and some Ti-gold alloy. We also do some plastics, remember these are tiny parts, they gotta fit in yer mouth, most inspection is done under a microscope, and with magnified computer controlled vision systems.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.