It's cold here Need new job >

It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Quote....Last but not least i am still married as the wife said if we would have bought in Lauderdale we would have been divorced by now and that would have cost me millions.

I lived in Boca, Divorced in Boca.
SE Florida is the only place I asked for directions, (gas stations etc) and I get totaly ingored, or they live a block awayand have no clue where it Wallmart.
A few years ago I was asking for directions to the post office at a gas station. Needles to say,...hardly any English no clue of the locations. As I pulled out of the station (in the rear) I noticed the post office in the same shopping center. It is true however, that you get somehow used to the rudness and coldness. It took a year in the west coast for me to smile again.
In the Midwest and other pars of the country. (Texas,, yesss, CA. Loto, Tn Al. etc.) friendliness is common.
When some one ask for directions from me,, I just say... "follow me". YOu never get that in SE Fla.
And I am thinking about the Ft. Myers area. I have to check into the homes..
I have done that alot, follow me its easier. I would like to go to the west coast my parents friend live there in venice, and naples its been 15yrs since I have visited there, love the keys though
Old 12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
dwtinc.. Thanks.... that boat is to old and an "F"

Mark any nice lots around Ft Myers to build on??

Lots are dirt cheap now. I rarely deal with lots in Ft. Myers, but do in Cape Coral. I have seen lot values fall 60% to 80%.

East of Ft. Myers is Lehigh Acres. Tons of cheap lots - and the worst crime in the area along with North Ft. Myers. As I said in another post, stay to the South West in both the Fort and the Cape.

Keep something in mind - you can buy a new or nearly new home around here for less than it will cost you to build a brand new home - and without the year wait. Homes in the Cape are cheaper than the Fort and there are limited gulf access properties in the Fort as where they are plentiful in the Cape. The Fort does have many more ammenities though. Overall, Cape Coral is the best bang for the buck in all of SW Florida. Homes on Marco Island are literally twice the cost (apples for apples) and even more in Naples.

Last edited by Mark; 12-13-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Registered

Tim, I will call you this afternoon. If you want to contact me first I can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Mark,, Since I am a GC, I am looking to buy a lot and build a hurricane proof, home for my self and possibly market the design. IT isn't any more costly then a std Concerte block home. Just a better design. Most home builders are not accustomed for specialty construction. I am since I do mostly commercial work.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

It's interesting to read the various dissatisfactions folks have with their living surroundings. Seems that the Midwest continues to get fairly high marks.

After 20 years in SoCal, I sold everything last year, packed up and moved back to the Midwest. Wife and kids love it. Convenience, cost of living, schools, etc. Have a comfortable place here in KC, and another at LOTO.

Unfortunately, the division of the company that I joined and was running -- is being disbanded, and I'm having to look for another position....which is tough in this part of the country for what I do.

Despite that challenge, and the financial impact it has and will have - we're staying put here in the MW.

I2D
Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
You like Florida? Why? We have the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate, rotten people living here in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Most of the people would just as soon run you over on the highway or in the supermarket with their carts. Forget anyone looking you in the eye. If you're nice and polite to people, they mistake it for weakness and try to take advantage of you.
The only reasonable people you'll meet here are from the midwest.
If I wasn't so damn old and established here I would leave and start over somewhere else.

Oh yeah, the tap water sucks and never gets cold. Most of the cops are idiots and couldn't solve a crime if their lives depended on it.

Otherwise it's a pretty nice place to live.
Sunny place for Shady people, remember!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!

So hows the St. Augustine area. Went to Commache Cove there once and loved it.

One day...........when I retire I will be moving to Florida. What are the "best spots"

I do love Miami, defiently would not move their with wife and kids only solo (wife says if I keep buying, building and selling boats this may not be far off) . Fun place to visit though.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Registered

OSO, Ed always has words of wisdom and says them with a way that anyone can understand. I find his posts educational and entertaining
Old 12-13-2007, 02:21 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by dwtinc
OSO, Ed always has words of wisdom and says them with a way that anyone can understand. I find his posts educational and entertaining

me too, in fact he sold me my very first offshore boat.

I live in the same place as Ed, I am agreeing with his comments.

Last edited by OSO; 12-13-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll stick with Norcal. It would be great if people would stop moving here.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.