Notices

First Boat- Saying hi

Old 12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey thanks everyone!
I changed my order and now have on order with a March Delivery a 2008 350SS

I went with the 496HO motors and got some more cool options that were not available on the 310.

I decided to go with the Axius digital system to help a beginner like me manage to dock the thing without wiping out other boats and my dock. It is basically a joystick that controls the boats steering and motors for more precise slow speed control.

I also got AC now even though I dont think I will ever use it. Well maybe when my dog overheats he can go down there in the AC. Also higher head room in the cabin I think its 5-10" as opposed to 5-2" in the 310. Im into electronics so I got whatever they offered in electronic goodies as well including that live Sirius weather monitor thing. That should be cool it shows lighting and waves and all of that other fun stuff
Old 12-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
Hey thanks everyone!
I changed my order and now have on order with a March Delivery a 2008 350SS

I went with the 496HO motors and got some more cool options that were not available on the 310.

I decided to go with the Axius digital system to help a beginner like me manage to dock the thing without wiping out other boats and my dock. It is basically a joystick that controls the boats steering and motors for more precise slow speed control.

I also got AC now even though I dont think I will ever use it. Well maybe when my dog overheats he can go down there in the AC. Also higher head room in the cabin I think its 5-10" as opposed to 5-2" in the 310. Im into electronics so I got whatever they offered in electronic goodies as well including that live Sirius weather monitor thing. That should be cool it shows lighting and waves and all of that other fun stuff
I think it was a good move to change the order as you did. It sounds like you have the coin to get what you want and in the end (even with the depreciation) you will be time/money ahead by getting exactly what you want.

I bet you made it a merry x-mas for that sales guy!! LOL
Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
I bet you made it a merry x-mas for that sales guy!! LOL
Thanks.
It made it a Merry Xmas for Me.

Last edited by cmcjo; 12-18-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

You will be happy to have the A/C and probably use more than you think (nice to kick on when you are tied up in the sun all day). If you add a generator you will be all set to spend the day or night anywhere you want.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
You will be happy to have the A/C and probably use more than you think (nice to kick on when you are tied up in the sun all day). If you add a generator you will be all set to spend the day or night anywhere you want.
Hi Tom.
Wouldn't pluggin into dockside power provide the same results as a generator? THANKS
Old 12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Tom.
Wouldn't pluggin into dockside power provide the same results as a generator? THANKS
Yep, sure does with alot less noise and fumes.

Wow, nice move up! Well, if your going to do it you might as well do it right eh?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Hi Tom.
Congrats on the boat!!

Many of us own/carry the Honda EU2000i (suitcase sized) generator/inverter. You can put it on the swim platform and run your AC accessories for about 4-7+ hours per tankful of gas.

It works great, and you can opt to leave it at home when you don't need it, and its a helluva lot cheaper and easier to maintain than an onboard marine gen-set. Its a perfect alternative when you are spending the night somewhere without shorepower available.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

my buddy has a 31SS white and blue on Georgian Bay with the 6.2's.

Runs really smooth and did 54mph with 3 guys on the boat. 2 out of 3 were also loaded with about 12 bottles of beer in their bellies too....

lots of room on that boat and it is really sweet looking. Lot of $$$ too....they paid close to $250CDN before our dollar went up.....they used to have a 27 Fountain...buddy loves the formula but he wishes they bought a Fastech....something to think about..

My buddy takes all kinds of broads out to Beckwith Island and christian Island on it, it fits like 8 dancing broads and 3 guys quite nicely!