Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........ >

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........

Notices

Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........

Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm finding that the local DMV authority's are VERY helpful...

especially in NC
Old 12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

thanks for the heads up. I was looking at a Jaguar they had listed. Good to know this!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

my bad, my conversations were with Chicago Motorcars, not Luxury, CM seems straight up, time will tell...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of bo-dunk auction bought crap thats has questionable history at that place.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Registered

man i just went to look at a car they had listed in the trader...
ring ring hello ya i want to come see the amg you got listed....sure its here...the black one right...yep ill have it ready...cool see you in an hour.... fastforward whers the black one ...no you said silver black interior..ok your right where is it...overthere click click battery dead.this sucks hey have a nice holiday.... bye bye LM
maybe is a good thing it didnt start
Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

there have been alot of reports around my area of smaller used car dealers taking the money and no titles showning up to the purchasers. Then they fold up the dealership and run with the money. It even happened at a huge Chevy dealership!!! GM shut the doors on them. I think we are living in a time that buyer beware means alot.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:01 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the consumer able to return the car within 48 hours of pickup to get a full return minus the document fee? I'm sure there are guys on this forum that are better informed than me. Reach out to LuckyStrike, etc.
not when I worked in Illinois or currently in Ohio if you went to dealer and solicited them to buy a car then it was your car no matter what unless financing fell through. this situation sounds like they brought the sale to you and you might have some rights under the "cooling off period laws"
Old 12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

If it was a 'spot delivery' where financing has yet to be acquired, the buyer should do his part in scuddling the deal (ie. call the finance company once he's received word from the dealership to come in to sign the loan agreement). If financing was finalized I'd demand to speak with the owner of the dealership face to face, contact the attorney general of the seller's state & push hard as well as contact the local newspapers. I'm sure bad deals happen, but I can't imaging the owner of a any dealership openly inviting bad press against his business.

Originally Posted by 88formula223
not when I worked in Illinois or currently in Ohio if you went to dealer and solicited them to buy a car then it was your car no matter what unless financing fell through. this situation sounds like they brought the sale to you and you might have some rights under the "cooling off period laws"
Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never dealt with these guy's, however I have zero faith as well as a bad bad taste in my mouth for most any of the Exotic car dealerships.
I received a 3000 mile Ferrari with a non disclosed paint issue that they hid in the pictures from a well known Calliforia dealer.
A few years later I was Fu ed out of 35 k when the Exotic dealership in Springfield MO after 3 previous clean deals crashed my Diablo on the way to the detailer, never made it to her new owner.
As they were legally per their paper work in which I signed, not bound to pay, they didn't,my fault 100%. And as a businessman I should have known better, but I had to have my toy now!
The cruxt of my story is that this is the way I see most of these guy's go a bought their daily business and I feel for your friend.We would be out of business if we ran our companies that way.
Good Luck & I hope your buddy's deal works out!!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys........let's ALL stay away from Luxury Motors!!!

Quick Reply: Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, Ill........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.