Who has had Jim Valakeo do your heads >

Who has had Jim Valakeo do your heads

Notices

Who has had Jim Valakeo do your heads

Old 01-27-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Who has had Jim Valakeo do your heads

What did Jim do to your heads and what improvement did you see?
Old 01-28-2002, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 2 pair of heads that were done by Valako I haven't put them on my boat as it is for sale I am thinking about selling them, they are cast iron casting# 049 oval port that have had him put the big valves (2.19 and 1.88)in, pocket ported and have the springs installed for a bigger cam, they have the teflon seals in also. The heads are fresh never ran yet, they should work well on any mild big block....Fred
Old 01-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Dyno's heads were done by Jim. Turnkey season last year.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim only assembled my heads no port work!
Old 01-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Bruce

I've had many sets of heads ported from minor to major and assembled. His wedge's are a proprietary item available through him, and work extremely well. He is fairly priced and provides quality work.

Old 01-28-2002, 04:33 PM
flylevel

Fred;
What kind of boat were you going to put the heads in and what were you looking for HP. I have a Big Block that is already .030 over and I would like to have the heads redone to maybe get a little more HP out of them without getting too WILD. Thanks

Old 01-28-2002, 04:53 PM
Registered

Talking

I bought a motor about 3 yrs ago with a set of Jims heads. They have they wedges in them along with the intake, they are merlins. These are the best heads I've seen, unreal power from a normally aspirated engine. Best of all three years and no bravo failures.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I am running stock rec. port heads that Jim did his majic on ( wedges,port work and bowl work) since then I have unshrouded the valves and cc'd them then cut them to increase the comp. These heads really work!34 SCARAB

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Tinkerboater ]
Old 01-28-2002, 05:05 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I had Jim do some peanut port heads for my 330 about 7 years ago. New intake, bigger carb, port, polish, added about 5 mph. BUT, I will never touch another peanut port head. The WILL crack between the valves (even with hardened seats). I have two sets to prove it. Makes good weight for the back of the truck in the winter!!
Old 01-29-2002, 07:28 AM
hot dawg

I had Valako do a set of heads for me, World Products rect port. Jim did a full port with wedges, fully assembled with matched intake, and I am completely satisfied with the work.

It ran on the dyno and gave me 710hp @ 6200. Jim built my whole motor (540 cu) and I run the hell out of it and it has never given me any trouble.

You do however need to have the lifters rebuilt every 150-200 hours, and you also need to keep the valves adjusted when using a solid cam. I always change my oil every 30 to 40 hours, and make sure you have a big enough oil cooler.

Check out all the guys from Michigan that went to LOTO and did well using Valako's heads.

Quick Reply: Who has had Jim Valakeo do your heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.