Notices

Portable boat shelter

Old 12-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought 2 Goverment surplus Helo huts that were used in IRAQ, They are easyup and were used to protect one Helo
in the bad weather, Still are as temp storage.
There at most DRMO sites.
Theres also www.farmtek.com Look under "Clearspan HiBoy"
Mike J.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottc
How about some info on it????? Please
I found the one I'm interested in at www.portablegaragedepot.com for $2,199.00 (round style roof with heavy duty material) + s/h and any options such as 2 vents, easy roll up doors. The heavier 12/14.5oz material is suppose to last 20 years. These come in tan and grey I believe. As far as snow load goes I think there is a disclaimer on the site that says only an engineered structure is guaranteed to withstand snow loads. Warning, I just found out I probably will need a permit from the city to erect it. Still researching so check your city code before you buy.

Last edited by sleek1; 12-20-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sleek1
I found the one I'm interested in at www.portablegaregedepot.com for $2,199.00 (round style roof with heavy duty material) + s/h and any options such as 2 vents, easy roll up doors. The heavier 12/14.5oz material is suppose to last 20 years. These come in tan and grey I believe. As far as snow load goes I think there is a disclaimer on the site that says only an engineered structure is guaranteed to withstand snow loads. Warning, I just found out I probably will need a permit from the city to erect it. Still researching so check your city code before you buy.
Better yet any subdivision restrictions. I am currently looking at a home to purchase on 5 acres that is pretty much in a forest and I would still have to submit to architectural committee to put up anything. Not to mention, the way the restrictions read the boat can't be sitting out it has to be in a garage.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

I have no H.O.A. and it will be behind my R.V. gate. Trying to keep as much of it hidden as possible but still want to be legal.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:17 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

DAM HOA's...
I'm in a typical 1/2 acre neighborhood and they don't allow these things either. Go back and look at the first pic in post #4, see the little ditch just in front of the tent. That ditch is my property line, the tent is not on my land AT ALL. My neighbor that owns the land behind me allows me to use that space and in turn I try to help him cut his fields a couple times a year. The neighborhood got a little bent out of shape about it but they can't do a thing about it!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

That's great fun to get over on "the man" and be beyond reproach! I on the other hand have the initial results of my zoning issue. Looks like I won't be able to put up the shelter and be legal. Can't have anything put up over 8 feet. Heck, the boat sitting on the trailer should be over 8'. I don't know what I'm going to do now.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
DAM HOA's...
I'm in a typical 1/2 acre neighborhood and they don't allow these things either. Go back and look at the first pic in post #4, see the little ditch just in front of the tent. That ditch is my property line, the tent is not on my land AT ALL. My neighbor that owns the land behind me allows me to use that space and in turn I try to help him cut his fields a couple times a year. The neighborhood got a little bent out of shape about it but they can't do a thing about it!!!!
HOA's are the thorn in my side these days.
I am a licensed realtor and I am having the toughest time finding a house that I can keep my boat at. My current home is on a little less than an acre and no issues with the boat I just can't build a building that is larger than half the square footage of the home, so there isn't enough space. So for now the boat is just covered (trailer and all) sitting on the extended pad next to the garage.

The only reason I am shopping is because it is such a great time to buy. The homes I am looking at are all on 3-5 acres and all have some BS restriction. I had one deal going on a property that already had a 30X64 pole barn and then the guys wife tragically past away and he withdrew his listing with my offer on the table. Tomorrow I am going to meet with a member of an architectural committee and hopefully they are cool with what I want to do, if not its back to the drawing board.

I do think one of these temporary structures I could get away with at my current residence. Problem is that isn't going to do anything for getting my wife the new house she has been wanting for the last four months.