Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Conventional V-bottom hydronamics question.......... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175826-conventional-v-bottom-hydronamics-question.html)

MOBILEMERCMAN 12-30-2007 08:06 PM

I haven't researched much but I would tend to think 25's in the center
Did the fountain have different pitch props on it? I would think the centers are higher and truly surfacing the outers need more bite. Also notice the fountain swing in in the center. In reality its possible the outer surface as well when the hull lifts at top speed.

Enforcer2 12-30-2007 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have heard of and tried different size pitchs on outers and centers. The problem with outeres being so high is when you turn boat they will cavitate. I went to four blades and problem was non existent.

25" centers would be a lot easier to find.

I want to keep the top of engine cowlings as close to even with each other as possible.

Here's a pict of a new Homeland Security Midnight.

MOBILEMERCMAN 12-30-2007 08:25 PM

How wide is the notch? If its 20 inches or less it shouldn't effect your height decisions. Chances are good that Homeland boat was well tested and carries more weight than you will. Allow yourself adjustment up from that set up. Are you going to run sportmasters?

Enforcer2 12-30-2007 08:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's my boat, it's 12" deep not sure how wide. plan is to use Bob's lowers lke the last one I had.

CNC 12-30-2007 08:34 PM

I was always curious if a bottom that was like fish scales would work? Or if it's been done? Maybe a shark skin finish like olympic swimmers wear so they can go thru the water faster.

MOBILEMERCMAN 12-30-2007 08:37 PM

Well it's wide enough that the center motors will be behind it. Compared to the homeland boat the centers will probably like to be a hole or two higher.
Side thought the Sutphen is a 26 degree v isn't it?

Enforcer2 12-30-2007 08:39 PM

hmmmmmmm, u may have something there. Patent office here I come:D

MOBILEMERCMAN 12-30-2007 08:41 PM

Bottom surface.

Like a non stick fry pan?

Enforcer2 12-30-2007 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN (Post 2387809)
Well it's wide enough that the center motors will be behind it. Compared to the homeland boat the centers will probably like to be a hole or two higher.

Side thought the Sutphen is a 26 degree v isn't it?

I believe the Sutphen is 26 degree.

Like you said earlier, it's going to take some time to get it right. Not a "normal" set up that you see alot of. Guess I need to invest in a engine hoist!! or put jack plates on........just one more thing , I mean four more things to worry about buying and breaking.

Why do we like boats again????