Trick Marine is now Monster Marine??

Notices

Trick Marine is now Monster Marine??

Old 12-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Good Christmas Party Last Night????
yup,,,,,,,and who said anything about it stoping.

eggnog anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 12-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

egg nog good....
Old 12-30-2007, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone been in contact with "Monster" about the parts they're owed from Trick?

You can repaint the building and change the name but Monster is still Trick, regardless of how the "new owner" ended up with it. That means they get the whole load, not just the good parts. That includes the debts.

They're only going to get away with what those that are owed allow them to.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Klaw,

I'll give you an A+ on that thesis in advance...

Originally Posted by klaw
Bored at work today so I will ramble for a while.

Don’t hold me responsible if all is not accurate because it is quite confusing.

In about 5 years I will go back to School for my MBA and use Trick as the study for my thesis

This story has everything in it.

A supposed stand up guy who pulls a long con by befriending people and giving such good deals and service at the start of his business that any chinks in his business plans are quickly beat down.

He was a board member who left the forum numerous time once in particular when he posted picture of his model daughter and was indignant over some off color remarks but used her in his later advertising for the sex appeal of it.

The board begged Fred to come back which he did. He then left his Burger King franchises as well as a few other fast food endeavors in shambles to help us in the boat parts business.

This business needs a stand up guy he proclaimed their are to many crooks in it.

Yea Fred!!!!!

We all shouted all hail the king of the good deal.

How quickly he conned us all

Rumors of huge amounts of money being lost by CMI and Livorsi begin to surface. Trick quickly drops them when his credit ran out to suck in other vendors. He all the time declares I am just replacing inferior vendors with ones who have better quality and service.

Greed was running rampant as soon as one vendor was dropped another stepped up to fill his place being so happy with the volume of product trick was moving.

End users getting stiffed and left holding the bag for goods bought but not shipped
A board members son worked for Trick and leaves do to unprofessional conduct at the company but tell no one about the problems but when it finallay unravels seems to be in the know about everything but will say nothing . Including allegations of drug use by a step son in the family and how that helped sink a business and may have been a part of the car crash that killed him. A family member (nephew) chimes in to cooberate the stories and a daughter also chimes in who refutes the issues.

Trick stringing along customers long enough so they could not get recourse from credit cards Trick dumping of assets before being forced onto bankruptcy and stringing it out so they will be out side of pre-petition bankruptcy window

Everything is crashing in on Fred he (Trick) is having a fire sale of assets on EBay

But the main players involved CMI/Livorsi/Trick/Gaffrig and other vendors probably do to legal reasons are staying mum about the whole situation.

People who did and did not work there are saying they are in the know but can’t talk do to legal reasons.

Then one morning Gaffrig gets the rights to the Trick web domain and web page code. How could this happen overnite? Was there a sweetheart deal cut for back invoices due Gaffrig? Why do it when you already have distribution?
People say they are talking to Gaffrig and things are not what they seem but no word from Mike. This is generating a fair amount of confusion and bad press for the new Monster Marine.

Gaffrig is not saying a word but just redoing web site to reflect new company name Monster Marine.

Gaffrig has not been without controversy suing to get the rights to its name back from Livorsi who had taken the name Gaffrig and built an industry around it. Most people today probably still think Gaffrig gauges are made by Mike Livorsi’s company.

Now we are to believe Gaffrig has being involved in two of the most emotional bickering threads on this site and It turns out he doesn’t read the most important web site for performance boating.

And all of this playing out in a public forum with only one fact known and that is Fred was a thief a lot of boaters are out a lot of money and many vendors are also left holding the bag.
Like I said my MBA will be based on this or maybe even a crime novel.

Who needs fiction?

Merry Christmas may we all recognize the next Fred Cecil sooner and listen when someone points him out
Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Klaw,what a way to break the boredom

A+ on that thesis , and will be L@@king for the crime novel to find out the ending ... Maybe theres another blue barrel around in bolingbrook in Drew Petersons yard
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Has anyone been in contact with "Monster" about the parts they're owed from Trick?

You can repaint the building and change the name but Monster is still Trick, regardless of how the "new owner" ended up with it. That means they get the whole load, not just the good parts. That includes the debts.

They're only going to get away with what those that are owed allow them to.
I have. They are not, nor will they be, taking any liabilities over which were incurred by Trick Marine. The only thing Monster ended up with is the website. This little disaster has been in the works for much longer than 90 days.

As far as what they will get away with? That's going to be up to the trustee of the bankruptcy. So far, I'm striking out.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well monster is open for online commerce
Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
well monster is open for online commerce
they have trick pricing on the gaffrig stuff, but looks like everything else went up.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a question on the Monster Marine subject. I've read where they took over the website, but not the debt. My products are advertised and can be purchased through the new site, but I've not been paid. I also haven't received a phone call or email about carrying my products. So if a customer orders my product from Monster Marine where is the product coming from? They would've had to of taken Fred's inventory to sell, so they owe me money or there selling what they don't have? Just trying to figure this mess out.

Donnie
Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marineclean
I've got a question on the Monster Marine subject. I've read where they took over the website, but not the debt. My products are advertised and can be purchased through the new site, but I've not been paid. I also haven't received a phone call or email about carrying my products. So if a customer orders my product from Monster Marine where is the product coming from? They would've had to of taken Fred's inventory to sell, so they owe me money or there selling what they don't have? Just trying to figure this mess out.

Donnie
Donnie I hope that is not correct. Sounds like Monster Marine is no better then Fred. My guess is this site only lasts a few months. Screw them if they are playing games like that this early in the game. Good luck collecting!!! My guess is that Fred is a better scammer then any of us know and he pulled a fast one on Gaffrig and Gaffrig is about to find out that they are holding the bag with a LOT of Debt. I am sure that Lavorsi will be happy to pay them back for the whole name suit!!!

Quick Reply: Trick Marine is now Monster Marine??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.