Powerboaters Paradise Bar???

Notices

Powerboaters Paradise Bar???

Old 12-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
Bikini clad fuel girls? Is that OSHA approved?
I think they are mandated by Law....
Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all again. Now if you can give me an idea on menu? What will bring you back time and time again?
I am planning on large restaurant upstairs that can hold poker run crowds and a huge Sunday brunch. The downstairs club/bar will serve from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm before turning into a full club.
Outdoor drinks and dining with a HUGE patio that will have tables and lounge chairs to either sit and eat with the family or lay out and sunbathe with your wife or girlfriend while having your drinks served.
Dock condition has been on our minds from the moment we planned this. I have been selling highline boats for 9 ½ years and know how much a scratch costs.

Would you rather see the bikini girls serving drinks outside, or trying to wrangle and fill your boat (Honest question)?

How about hours of operation?

Events?

Theme Nights?

This will all be pulled together in the next month and a half and you all for a Feb 15th opening. Location will be announced the 28th of this month.

Thank you again for the help!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO BULL**** ATTITUDES SERVICE... Im tired of all the little **** attitudes at LOTO!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Keep the menu simple and to the point, good burgers and maybe steaks for the evening menu and nice salads.

Too many places get too creative in my view with their menu's and the consistency isn't there, one time it's great and the next time it's not.

My favorite places are the ones you know what you'll get everytime you order no matter how busy they are.

That and have open seating, especially for people arriving by boat...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Consistently good food is a must. A lot of people will try it once just because it's new and because of the atmosphere. If the food and service ain't worth a crap the first time, they won't be back. BE READY WHEN YOU OPEN--not 3 weeks after! It's hard to know what to expect, but you gotta be ready for an overwhelming amount of business upon opening.

Good Luck!! The world definitely needs more boater-friendly places to kick back, eat, and have a beer!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
good solid docks with proper cribbing on the sides and solid properly spaced cleats to start.
Properly spaced cleats definately! I hate having to get creative to tie a boat up!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Properly spaced cleats definately! I hate having to get creative to tie a boat up!
Yes that's huge, especially when backing in and not having any cleats spaced out to keep your drives safely from the back of the slip...nice docks are nothing if theres nothing to tie your boat up easily...
Old 12-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

IMHO most importantly the food should be fresh vs. the typical frozen crap. I agree with the simple menu approach.

1. A 1/2 pound open flame grilled burger.
2. A fresh chicken breast sammy.
3. A grilled grouper sammy.

Fresh, big, hand dipped, beer batter onion rings.

I still miss the old Big Easy pizza too.

And as I mentioned earlier...a real steak for dinner (12 oz KC strip would be nice) and a decent salad.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Thank you all again. Now if you can give me an idea on menu? What will bring you back time and time again?

Would you rather see the bikini girls serving drinks outside, or trying to wrangle and fill your boat (Honest question)?

How about hours of operation?

Events?

Theme Nights?

This will all be pulled together in the next month and a half and you all for a Feb 15th opening. Location will be announced the 28th of this month.

Thank you again for the help!
Just throwing ideas.

Name the food....Like the OSO Big Burger, The Cigarette Shrimp, The Leverage Po Boy and so on for the boater theme.

Intelligent Bikini girls for docking. Is that an oxy......?
I wouldn't have them serving in swimsuits. Might be nice, but would be some headaches.

Lunch on weekends during winter, everyday during summer. I would say midnight during the week and 3am weekends during the summer.

Events and Theme nights will depend on the area and who you want to attract.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fountain onion rings????

Quick Reply: Powerboaters Paradise Bar???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.