Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08??? >

Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???

Notices

Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???

Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Hampton Roads Powerboat Association's Run was a great run for the first time putting it on. Over 80 boats going past the Worlds largest Naval base into the Chesapeake Bay and then into the Atlantic Ocean. We always have a blast in the big waters of the Chesapeake. It all starts at Norfolk's Waterside Marina in down town Norfolk Va with dinner at Blackfinn's inside Waterside.The date for 2008 is Aug 15-17
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-hrpa-poker-run.jpg   Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-hrpa-air-shot.jpg  
Old 12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Jacksonville 2007 was awesome. A perfect combination of great people, great weather and a great location made it an incredible run and a great vacation! We'll be there this year without a doubt!
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-900.jpg   Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-901.jpg   Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-902.jpg  

Old 12-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the connecticut/mohegan sun event was great this yr and plans for next yr look even better! NY and Key west were a blast as well !
Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Jacksonville 2007 was awesome. A perfect combination of great people, great weather and a great location made it an incredible run and a great vacation! We'll be there this year without a doubt!
Man!! Jacksonvilles looking GREAT!!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

We're hitting Desert Storm for the 1st time this year & we are also going to drag to Key West for the worlds in Nov. since Freedom never gives us a ride.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
It was a great time...dont forget the fun run on Fri. before the poker run. Last year they had as many boats as some Poker Runs have.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Bring the tall props, the water may be a little flat for you

Frankie gives it two thumbs up though
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-jax_3813.jpg   Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-mti.jpg   Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???-frankie.jpg  

Old 12-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than Key West being number one, here's mine in no particular order since they are all different:

Islamorada = Probably the most actual boating of any listed. Most of the new boats in the Miami Show go on this run, which is the week after. More of a guys trip in the past but this years resort is supposed to be first class.

Chicago = Excellent accomodations/setup, super fun water.

Shootout/Fun Run = Total blast and never a dull moment. The fun run is probably my favorite part.

Sarasota = If it wasn't for the Cheetah Club and Boathouse fun, I'm kinda meh . I'm in the minority on that, but totally worth doing if you haven't.

Havasu = CHICKS! FUN as hell.

Destin = See Havasu description.

I've gotta hit Jacksonville this year with the Skater and some new shoes.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Bring the tall props, the water may be a little flat for you

Frankie gives it two thumbs up though
Just save me a parking spot at the bar!! I'll show up sooner or later. Maybe we can do an outside run with east winds at 15 th 20 knots!!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't really beat the atmosphere on the Key West run, especially with the World Championship going on that weekend. If you could only choose one, I think that would be the one you would want to make.

...and where can I find a stripper pole like that, do they sell those at West Marine or was that a facotry option? (kind of always been a dream of mine to have one)

Quick Reply: Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.