2 Questions- Know a Good Insurance Lawyer & Info on Kryptonite Boats >

2 Questions- Know a Good Insurance Lawyer & Info on Kryptonite Boats

Notices

2 Questions- Know a Good Insurance Lawyer & Info on Kryptonite Boats

Old 12-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danh63
Did you hit something or was this a problem from before you bought it?
The whole thread is pretty VAGUE , sounds like its a secret what happened . Open up a GOOGLE search for a local atty and sit down with him & spill the beans .
Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tagged a log on the hudson in sept. Hit right on the stringer.

Mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 12-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

they must be trying to say that the log didn't cause the problem? My nephew was an investigator for Progressive, he is in Florida now but will be back Jan 1st. I can give you his number maybe he can help you out some way or steer you in the right direction
Old 12-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

do u have any pics
Old 12-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Also get it surveyed.......it will also help determine what caused the problem.....he will take several photos inside and out which will show the impact point.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danh63
they must be trying to say that the log didn't cause the problem? My nephew was an investigator for Progressive, he is in Florida now but will be back Jan 1st. I can give you his number maybe he can help you out some way or steer you in the right direction
Sounds like they found some previous/ prior damage
Old 12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TSPM
Also get it surveyed.......it will also help determine what caused the problem.....he will take several photos inside and out which will show the impact point.
I had Lakeside Restorations do a full estimate for the damages, it clearly shows that it was due to an impact. Jaime took about 50 or so pics which I sent with the estimate.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
Old 12-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any good attorney should be able to help you.

Familiarize yourself with these two words- BAD FAITH. Your insurer is contractually obligated to indemnify or more plainly, make you whole after a casualty loss. By not doing so they are willfully ignoring their contractual obligations as outlined in your contract- better known as a policy. You might want to start off by sending a clearly-worded letter of demand directly to their claims office demanding payment and using the phrases above. You may also want to cc: the letter to your state's insurance commission. Remember that when you're writing any letter like this, you're not really writing it to the company, you're probably writing it to a judge or arbitrator. Keep it clear, factual, non-inflammatory and absolutely not personal or threatening.

Most states have provisions for treble damages in the case of bad faith. Insurance companies aren't stupid- they settle long before it gets there. Some need to know you're willing to push it that far and that you're not gullible enough to just accept what they offer on the first pass.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Any good attorney should be able to help you.

Familiarize yourself with these two words- BAD FAITH. Your insurer is contractually obligated to indemnify or more plainly, make you whole after a casualty loss. By not doing so they are willfully ignoring their contractual obligations as outlined in your contract- better known as a policy. You might want to start off by sending a clearly-worded letter of demand directly to their claims office demanding payment and using the phrases above. You may also want to cc: the letter to your state's insurance commission. Remember that when you're writing any letter like this, you're not really writing it to the company, you're probably writing it to a judge or arbitrator. Keep it clear, factual, non-inflammatory and absolutely not personal or threatening.

Most states have provisions for treble damages in the case of bad faith. Insurance companies aren't stupid- they settle long before it gets there. Some need to know you're willing to push it that far and that you're not gullible enough to just accept what they offer on the first pass.

Thanks Chris, appreciate the good advice. Never dealt with something of this nature, barely have I even made a car insurance claim ever, but the few times I did, it was smooth.

I'll get in touch with a lawyer and see if I can get a well written letter to get the ball rolling. This has been killin me since i put a lot of hard work into buying the boat and got insurance in the event something like this happened.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
Old 12-31-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just remember, adjusters are evaluated by a set of criteria- much of it is financial and some companies also consider policyholder satisfaction. Some don't. No company considers a customer escalating a simple issue into litigation to be a positive thing. You lawyering or going to the insurance commission is a blemish for the adjuster. You might want to give him one final informed chat.

I has an IRS adjuster try jerking me on some borderline deductions a few years ago. He decided to be a harda$$ and disallow all of it- about $17 grand out of my pocket. I sat calmly while he went through his schpiel, then calmly informed him that I felt his thinking and attitude was flawed and I'd rather spend the 17 in court and attorney's fees than roll over for him. Then I closed my folder & stood up. He would have looked like a real a$$ to his boss if he'd have ended something that simple up in court. He re-allowed everything- gave me a token $600 hit on another area to save his pride.

Quick Reply: 2 Questions- Know a Good Insurance Lawyer & Info on Kryptonite Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.