Notices

Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Old 12-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by James
Strip -
It is always more complicated than just the simple cost -and my response is to the original question about the colors and not the equipment.

As an example a standard stock traslucent powder color may cost $ 15.00 per lbs of material, minimum order is 50 lbs = $ 750.00 of inventory per color and you have 10 color options $ 7,500.00 in inventory that has a shelf life of 1 year + or - . A better performing powder will contain kynar resin, and will have to be custom batch made, cost per color will be about $ 3,000.00 per color x 10 colors --------ok ok you see where this is going - How many bezels do you have to sell to pay for $ 30K worth of inventory with a limited shelf life ? - But many people here on this thread have made excellent points - you pay $ 400K for a boat and have to spend 8 hrs per year changing out bezels ???? Everyone knows if your bezels look bad chances of you getting laid go down dramaticly.

What to do - Give me about 60 days and I will do some test and tell you what cleaning products to stay away from - Taking care of the boat becomes complicated - cleaners with chlorines for instance do a great job, but kill certain painted surfaces and they can be corrosive to aluminum surfaces. Many times water/ cleaners and or salt water migrate behind the bezel and stay wet for weeks between boat uses, many times the corrosion that you see starts from the back side- Certain types of powder coat materials will aborb moisture over time further leading to delamination and flaking -You can similar problems with anodized aluminum bezels for similar reasons.

I would of thought the shelf life would be longer, But like you said all the colors etc would add up real quick,My boat has around 270 hours and average total sun time around 1100hours in the sun(guessing).I only used Windex which has amonia in it,or soapy water,I try not to even wash it,just wipe them down, or like you said water gets behind the gage might be doing that also.Thanks

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Livorsi Marine Customer Service

Translucent Powder Coating in blue , red, purple and yellow is very diffuclut to do and it is even more diffuclut to make them last in saltwater. Needless to say they should not be peeling or fading. If you have any problems with Livorsi products please call or send them back to the factory and ask for Todd who is the customer service person.

Livorsi Marine Customer Service

Toll Free 877-548-5900