Livorsi Rims Turning Colors >

Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Notices

Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Old 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Cliff
Liv's are the cheapest made gages. Go AutoMeter if you want quality.
I thought Autometer makes Livorsi gauges
Old 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Liv's are the cheapest made gages. Go AutoMeter if you want quality.
Might want to take a close look at Livorsi faceplates. They are made by AutoMeter for Livorsi.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Take a close look.
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi Rims Turning Colors-tn_monstertach.jpg  
Old 12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Livorsi has given us GREAT customer service so I would suggest if you're having problems you send them to Livorsi for warrenty work. They can replace the bezels for you. They've fixed GPS antenna leads for us many, many times at little or no charge.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Big Cliff

Originally Posted by Lofty
Might want to take a close look at Livorsi faceplates. They are made by AutoMeter for Livorsi.
True, but Liv wants the cheapest parts to have a large profit margin. Products and quality controll are much lower on the Liv's.

Not trying to start anything, but how many people with Auto Meter gages are having problems?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

True, but Liv wants the cheapest parts to have a large profit margin. Products and quality controll are much lower on the Liv's.

Not trying to start anything, but how many people with Auto Meter gages are having problems?
Don't worry, you're not starting any chit, you have a good question but I don't know that I agree with the QC issue with the Livorsi gauges.

I know that I miss the old liquid filled gauges. In fact I run a set of mechanical liquid filled oil pressure and water pressure gauges under the hatch that I use as a sanity check against the panel gauges. I've had my share of electric gauges failing and sending me home early.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And to think I was going to replace all my gauges with livorsi gauges good thing I read this. I thought the Livorsi's were a little pricey.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would bet the Livorsi and Autometer has the same guts. Livorsi is probably plating the bezels after they get it from Autometer.

Also my Livorsi exhaust temp gages only work about 10% of the timeI even bought new thermocouples and new wiring.

Smiklos I have 2 of there electric fuel pressure gages and senders , Sent them in for calibration,they sold me a sender for 40.00,the Autometer one is 12.00 and now one gage it off 15psi and the other is 7 psi off.I just use them as a reference to see if there's a problem,But in a blower motor if it dropped much it would hurt it

Also the sender has VDO on it

On my race car I have the Autometer electric furl pressure gages, It comes with a 2 wire sensor and the electric box (under dash top LH in the pick). These are within 1psi.
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi Rims Turning Colors-camaro-11-05-032-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funny whats in a name I figured the Livorsi's were real high end the best of the best. Oh well factory gauges still work I'll leave them alone for now
Old 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You want reliable buy the cheapest guages out there. They seem to work better then any of them. Like Teleflex. When is the last time one of them has not worked!! It is the same with my high end stereo gear that I sell, the higher end the more finiky it is.

Quick Reply: Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.