Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does this advertisement piss anyone else off? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176211-does-advertisement-piss-anyone-else-off.html)

Sydwayz 12-27-2007 11:34 PM

Does this advertisement piss anyone else off?

1 Attachment(s)
Back cover of the Boat U.S. Magazine, January 2008 Volume XIII.

Does State Farm sell home-owners/fire insurance with pictures of a guy in a Lay-Z-Boy, with his feet up, nodding off to sleep; with a lit cigarette in his hand?

WTF!? :angry-smiley-055:

Audiofn 12-28-2007 04:55 AM

Dude you got to relax!! :D

boatman22 12-28-2007 06:00 AM

I hope they don't deny the claim. Towing with a 3/4 ton truck, no rear straps, and having shorts on :Whatever:

haulinvols 12-28-2007 06:24 AM

I don't know if it was the half-ton truck or the dingy tied to the roof that did him in. Either way, looked like a towing nightmare. :party-smiley-004:

SLOWOUTBOARD 12-28-2007 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by boatman22 (Post 2385238)
I hope they don't deny the claim. Towing with a 3/4 ton truck, no rear straps, and having shorts on :Whatever:

AND TUBE SOCKS:evilb:

SOX 12-28-2007 06:27 AM

Brian I wouldn't sweat it. Most boating accidents are caused by people with a lack of knowlege of safe boating/trailering practices. Things like no straps on the boat, rusted up wheel bearings, and towing with an undersized vehicle. Don't forget about the people that don't run a blower before starting engines and the lanyard violators :eek:. I think the ad reminds us to take the safety of our hobby seriously. The bottom line is nearly all of us could use more training on safe trailering and operation of the vessel.

Take care,

Rob

BillR 12-28-2007 06:44 AM

Relax Francis,
That ad is obviously meant for all the clowns out there.

glassdave 12-28-2007 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by BillR (Post 2385258)
Relax Francis,
That ad is obviously meant for all the clowns out there.

yea . . . an thank god we dont have any of 'em around here :D:D

ActiveThunder 12-28-2007 07:09 AM

Man, what's that guy have invested in props???

Jassman 12-28-2007 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by SOX (Post 2385252)
Brian I wouldn't sweat it. Most boating accidents are caused by people with a lack of knowlege of safe boating/trailering practices. Things like no straps on the boat, rusted up wheel bearings, and towing with an undersized vehicle. Don't forget about the people that don't run a blower before starting engines and the lanyard violators :eek:. I think the ad reminds us to take the safety of our hobby seriously. The bottom line is nearly all of us could use more training on safe trailering and operation of the vessel.

Take care,

Rob

what's a blower?