Gaspirilla Pirate Fest - Tampa

Old 01-29-2002, 08:23 AM
Offshore Addiction

try Davis Island Ramp

Old 01-29-2002, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cuda - do not use the SR 60 ramps - these are a mess - best bet would be to trailer down to Riverview - take I-75 to the Riverview exit. Turn left follow to first major intersection (US 41?) Turn right and follow over the river (Alafia) the launch ramp is on the right by the power plant. The ramp gets a little busy, so I would go early - not a bad location, as the Alafia dumps out by Beer Can Island - short run up to Tampa from there. Other laternative would be to put in at Ricks on the River just north of the City on the Hillsborough - only problem is that you have a no wake zone through down down until the end of March - makes for a long ride to the parade activities....
Old 01-29-2002, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cuda - sorry wrong directions on the Riverview deal - turn right at the end of the exit ramp on I-75 (assuming you are going south on 75).

The other alternative (if your boat is less than 23') is the Imperial Yacht center - they have a crane/lift that will take your boat off the trailer and put it in the water - I think that the in and out charge is $7 or so.... MAx size they can handle is 23' and 4000 lbs (I believe) - call the Dockmaster Jimmy and see if they can accomodate you on Saturday.....
Old 01-29-2002, 10:49 AM
jokerswild

We'll be leaving from the rocky point area- putting boats in the water a few days ahead and keeping them in the water behind the house! So no worries bout launchin' Davis Island and Rick's ramps will be a nightmare to get in n out too! Best bet would be where dirtlawyer is talkin bout! We'll all be hangin out at beer can island afterwards for some volleyball games! Come one-Come All

Old 01-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Offshore Addiction

Did you attend the concert at Beer Can Island a few months ago? We were there- in fact my company was a sponsor for it. It was a blast.

Old 01-29-2002, 11:25 AM
jokerswild

No- didn't hear about it! What kind of talent was there? There must've been a **** load of generators out there! What was there boat traffic like out there? Also, whats the deal with that private pier out there-i've used it so many times and never seen the "real owners" use it.

Old 01-29-2002, 11:26 AM
jokerswild

man-i use "out there" too much

Old 01-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Offshore Addiction

Imperial Yacht basins owns pier on Beer Can Island. It was local bands and the main one was Outdrive. The boat traffic was very busy....A lot of fun....

Old 01-29-2002, 03:40 PM
Offshore Addiction

Imperial Yacht basins owns pier on Beer Can Island. It was local bands and the main one was Outdrive. The boat traffic was very busy....A lot of fun....

Old 01-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Jeff

We will be there Sat morning. 34 white (open cockpit) Phantom. It's my Doctors boat white red lettering says;"Phantom turbo" on the side. Wear a good rain coat, trust me.

Quick Reply: Gaspirilla Pirate Fest - Tampa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.