Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gaspirilla Pirate Fest  - Tampa >

Gaspirilla Pirate Fest - Tampa

Notices

Gaspirilla Pirate Fest - Tampa

Old 01-28-2002, 10:15 AM
jokerswild

Angry Gaspirilla Pirate Fest - Tampa

Anyone from the bay area planning on going to the pirate fest this weekend by boat? So far, I've planned a little flotilla, about 6 boats, afterwards we'll be going to "The Grog" (waterfront bar) just north of Apollo Beach. Any oso'rs interested??

Old 01-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk to me about this , is Nick going?
Old 01-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Happy Monday, guys!

Up until this weekend, I've been planning on going for months now. However, something very important came up for me next weekend and I need to visit my folks in Deltona. I won't be able to make it this year.

We went last year for both the day and night parades and we has a blast. I didn't bring the boat last year because I wanted the scope out the scene at least once before I would risk it and man was it crazy...

I would advise against going by boat if I were you guys!!!! All I can say is that there were a LOT of pissed off people in the basin last year and I'm sure there were hundreds of insurance claims going out that evening.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:12 PM
jokerswild

WHATS UP BD- I AGREE 100% on it being crazy and outa control in the basin, but we're not planning on going all the way in.

I've been there going on 6 years now, but never by boat. I've seen all that there needs to be seen on land! I was there last year in the morning by (blow)boat and had a great time and got out before it was too crazy. But anyways, we're just planning on hanging out near the mouth of the basin, to check out the pirate boats going in-an-out and head out to beer can island afterwards. Sorry to hear you can't make it BD, but S-Mike and thee others, come out here to check out the fun- and fun it will be!

Old 01-28-2002, 12:24 PM
al

The Offshore Addiction- a 29 World Class Warlock will be out there and we will be having our own gathering near Bayshore between the two bridges. ( the exit and entrance to Davis Island) Many customers of Addictive Watersports ,which is based out of Tampa will be there- one of them will be sporting ribology- Been there for the last 10 years- we have the perfect spot. Anyone who wants to join- let us know.

Old 01-28-2002, 12:40 PM
jokerswild

Ches... sounds great! Maybe we'll venture in a little bit and hook up with some of ya...

Old 01-28-2002, 12:45 PM
al

You can't miss us, see you there...

Old 01-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Banned

Are you going both days? Do you think the Gandy ramp will be much of a mess?
Old 01-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

Gandy is CLOSED till Apr. 15...GOOD LUCK
Old 01-29-2002, 08:15 AM
Banned

Is the Gandy launch closed for repairs? Where is another launch on your side of the bay that has a large parking lot?

Quick Reply: Gaspirilla Pirate Fest - Tampa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.