Notices

here is a stupid question

Old 12-31-2007, 08:43 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
are you nuts??? never make your hobby your living,you will end up hateing it. I know I did. Good luck
I did the same 26 years ago. Now all I do is maintain the trucks and car. I work in a GM dealership and work on cars and trucks all week long. I love working on my boat in the summer months so why turn a hobby into a career as much as I would love to be around boats for a living it would sooner or later turn on you. Keep it as the most awesome hobby there is as long as you can afford it
Old 12-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Keep it as the most awesome hobby there is as long as you can afford it
You mean to tell me that some people can afford this??
I just thought it was the same as being a junkie.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:27 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
are you nuts??? never make your hobby your living,you will end up hating it. I know I did. Good luck
Amen
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
True, I needed something to do during the winter so I just bought a 509 bottom end and am building a new engine for the boat. Now to find somethings to sell to finance the build
Old 12-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its almost as bad as OSO!!! What the F am I doing on here tonite?????
Old 12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=nocigarette;2388646]The problem with flipping boats is ya have to sacrifice somewhere to make a buck.. QUOTE]

No, that's the problem with business itself. It's all about sacrifice. Anyone in business that is successful had to give up something on the front end to reap the benefits on the long end. It's called the big picture. OSO is full of heavy hitters today who started at the bottom and most paid the price in one form or fashion for their success they now enjoy. The hardest thing anyone ever did was make a profit, if they did it legallly.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

If you want some more practice, come down here and help me put my Pantera project back together - Or, I'll bring it up there. I just don't have a shop space, so I'm stagnant until the weather breaks. I'd also be afraid to shoot paint myself, I just don't have any experience in it.
I have been following your build like you probably followed mine.......Man i wish ya were closer, pm me you phone # and we will get together over a beer some time.....
Old 01-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nocigarette, if you are in your early or middle years of earning power consider going for it if you have about 5 years worth of savings. If you are in your later earning years and have stacked up a very good retirement package go for it. Nothing quite like doing what you love for work.

If on the other hand you are older and have not stacked a big retirement package, keep your day job.
Best wishes and Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
nocigarette, if you are in your early or middle years of earning power consider going for it if you have about 5 years worth of savings. If you are in your later earning years and have stacked up a very good retirement package go for it. Nothing quite like doing what you love for work.

If on the other hand you are older and have not stacked a big retirement package, keep your day job.
Best wishes and Happy New Year.
I am not like a lot of the guys here (big money) ...I have worked in the construction industry my whole life and have not lived beyond my means...With that being said i dont save the money my wife does, she is the one pushing for me to due what i love....She is real supportive in what ever i due.....I know i can always build on the side and i am not going to jump out of the operating engineers union just yet......I dont really want to lay out all my financial's , But i am only 33 and i have a good pension and i dabble in the market a touch (with my father in laws advice)......I just thought it would be nice to enjoy to go to work again.....I kind of miss that............
Old 01-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nocig,why not take your old Mag and set it back up for racing?Sounds like you got a lot of old Mag racers up there,should be able to find one willing steer that thing for you.Get Smitty on the phone and find out what you need to do to join OPA and what class your going to race.I would bet after that first race you will Know what you want to do.

Quick Reply: here is a stupid question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.