Notices

Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k

Old 01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Does Active Thunder make a CC?

From what I've heard you can sip martinis while running flat out in 20 footers in one of their boats!
No, but I know of someone who slipped Roofies to flat chested women in a 20 footer.

Truth be told; AT did built a couple 31' CC deep-Vs.

Right now we are spec'ing a couple of the traditional cabin I/Os with Supercharged Eggbeaters for the 2009 model year.
Our ears are open & the molds are waiting.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by underpressure
It was just interesting to realy get in one and see them back to back with many others in sloppy water. The Midnights have always had a mystical following yet hardly anyone who talks about them has been in them.

Kinda what I was getting to. The old boats were heavier, but slower too. Even the Goverment quads only get to the low 60's with 2 stroke power and don't even go near fuel burn and oil tank size. Thats the ride part. Weight up to 18,000 lbs and a 24 degree with a Cigarette lineage, no wonder they run good in the rough.

Without the spray rails they would be a very wet ride and you can see by how far the rear scuppers are under water that they are an old design not really meant for the heavy four strokes.

It is just amazing how much faster boats go in magazines!
I would agree with everything u are saying except for speed. My 37 VCC " Origainl Midnight Inc) Ran 59 MPH with trip 225 optis and bottom paint........in nearly any sea condition I dared to go out in . My weighed 12,500 with power and about 250 gallons of fuel.

My Buddies " Original" Midnight" sport deck ran 70 with 225 EFi's 400 gallons of fuel 6 people and bottom paint.

He has since stripped bottom painted boat and put new Quad 300 Optis on and is set off rev limiteres at 85mph on GPS with 28 Bravo Ones.

His boat is heavier than Midnight that I sold.

As far as the spray rails go, I know they work but never needed them in mine. I frequenlty went out in 3-5 foot seas and would criuse all day at 42 knots and never once would get wet or have boat beat my brains out at that speed. I have taken boat up to 50 + mph in 6 foot seas for extended periods and naturally felt some pounding as u would with any boat at that speed..in those conditions but not too un-comfatrable and never go wet. The Old Midnight is not a wet ride . Certainly not the fastest in the calm water, however I would put the old Midnight up against any comparable boat any day in rough conditions and would be 100% sure it would lead the pack.

I also have taken friends out that have owned large center consoles and they swore by my Old Midnight. One even sold his brand new 36 Yellowfin with trip Verados ..... he.couldn't believe the ride difference in the two.

As far as four strokes go.Im am not a fan. I will remain in the egg beater category. The new Midnights are enginereed for their weight. All of the old Midnights I have seen with Four Strokes have the Old Style Stainless Brackets which offer no Flotation and they have problems getting on plane. TOO MANY FAT GIRLS ON BACK!!!
Attached Thumbnails Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-midnight-logo-new-large-.jpg   Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-tommys-midnight-3.jpg   Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-quarter-mid-lagoon-large-.jpg  

Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

And as for the new Midnight I can't speak of, never been taken out on one .

More picts of My Old Midnight Running

NOVENTA MILLAS
Thanks Orlando!!!!!!

And check out LATITUDE POWER BOATS UNDER OWNERS FORUMS , HE HAS A 35CC http://www.latitudepowerboats.com/

We have had our black 28ss with twin etech 225’s for a few months now. We have turned many heads down here in Texas. The funny thing is people forget to ask what happened to the Donzi. There is nothing like running 60MPH with 11 people in the boat!!!! Orlando and Jonathan (and everyone at Latitude Powerboats) were great to work with throughout the entire process, from the test drive at the CC boat show, to walking my wife and I through the factory during the build, all the way down to the delivery in Rockport Texas. You will not be disappointed with this boat and this company. Take care.
Dax
Texas

(MY New " Original ....Midnight Express Inc. name)
Attached Thumbnails Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-midnight-inlet-4.jpg   Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-midnight-inlet-2.jpg   Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-oc-race-6-bouys-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Enforcer2; 01-04-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by underpressure
Mike,

Bling,

It is too bad you never ran one of my triples in the rough or actually ran one at all. The boat will hit 73-74 mph with people and fuel on the GPS with labbed props at over 13,000 lbs. You may have a whole new opinion of what the weight and Kevlar construction can do compared to a lighter glue and screw. I think quite a few go-fast people on the Key West run have a new opinion (me included) when they saw the speeds we held pacing the crew and also when it was bumpy on the way home in the quad boat (70 mph cruise at 5000). And I have run both the 35 and 38 donzi triples as trades so I am familiar with them.
I hear ya Carl, your CC was my favorite. Basically the only reason why I bought Donzi instead of Deep Impact was the price they made me and my wife was pushing hard for there new open. Do me a favor, when we do that Poker run together after the Miami boat show, pass me nicely. I can't belive my 38 Donzi with tripple 300 Verados will only run 71mph. Ya get what ya pay for. I got to say though, from the pics I've seen the extras I got them to do on the boat, it looks pretty nice. Should be a great party boat in Havasu. And if you got anyone looking for a clean 32 Concept I got one and it's in south Florida.
Unless I really like that Donzi, I'd be surprised if March of next year I'm not in one of your boats. I'll see ya at the Poker run.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Sloman;2390540]does anyone have any good or bad thoughts on these i would think they would be really stable and handle the water nice

Just checked out the site and I have to say they look pretty nice. I like the 11 ft 3in beam. I wonder if they would be hard to insure since they are a cat or if they would be considered a fishing boat and be easy to insure. I would like to see one in person, do you know what dealer that boat is at in Stuart? I am there once a month and would like to check one out next time I am there.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered

Enforcer,

I would venture to say that your Midnight was very close to the original Cigarette design and I am sure they run a little faster, in fact one of the owners of Deep Impact has an open that looks very similar to yours. That boat, like my 38 Top Gun would be pretty dry boats, plus the bracket will allow you to trim the bow more.

It is the Goverment version style, non bracket, that I have been on and talk about, it runs very flat and that is why it will be wetter without the rails. I agree that you would never dispute the rough water ride and was very impressed by it. It does roll over more that say the Deep Impact in turns though. Both boats can run hard in the rough, they just do it differently, And I like Midnights!

What I was saying is it was pretty awesome to see both brands tear up some pretty nasty stuff when a lot of the other brands struggled. When I refer to being built for Four stoke weight, I am not really talking about the strength of the boat but the floatation of the boat at rest. The design allows the boat to sit very low in the water and the scuppers are under a good two inches.

Bling,

Fair comment on the price, ours is not cheap by any means. When we took them over we had the choice to take out a lot and bring the price down but why? We chose instead to put more and more in and go for the elite position. We can't be everything to everybody anyway and I can only build 24 -30 a year. Stay in touch and I will see you guys then. I always behave, we just do this crap for fun right?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=underpressure;2394260]Enforcer,

I would venture to say that your Midnight was very close to the original Cigarette design and I am sure they run a little faster, in fact one of the owners of Deep Impact has an open that looks very similar to yours. That boat, like my 38 Top Gun would be pretty dry boats, plus the bracket will allow you to trim the bow more.

It is the Goverment version style, non bracket, that I have been on and talk about, it runs very flat and that is why it will be wetter without the rails. I agree that you would never dispute the rough water ride and was very impressed by it. It does roll over more that say the Deep Impact in turns though. Both boats can run hard in the rough, they just do it differently, And I like Midnights!

Under Pressure, that's correct the older Midnights are a splash of the 36 Cigarette with 9'6 beam.

I have never seen a Midnight without a bracket. Do you have any picts.......sure it's a Midnight??
Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Bolt on bracket not Euro transom is what I mean
Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

ok gotcha
Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

good thread, interesting info. Thanks to all!

Quick Reply: Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.