Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k >

Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k

Notices

Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k

Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I would say 10% fishing 10% diving 80% hanging out. I know the Fountains are fast but when you look at a Deep Impact, Intrepid, or Midnight Express the fit and finsh is worth 15 mph to me over the Fountain.
I have not been on the Donzi yet but I think you are mixing up the ZFX & ZSF I like the ZFX I am not looking for a boat to overnight in.
The Midnight & Intrepid should do 60-65 with tripp 250-300 hp's, The Deep Impact 68-72 with 250-300 hp, the Donzi should do 70-75 with tripp 300's, and they are in my range new or demo models now with the 300's on them. I would perfer to stick with four strokes. I will be loading it up or buying loaded with Gen, A/C, 3-4 Batt., big sound sys, hooka dive comp.ect,ect,

I like all the seating you can get on the models I listed, I know there are a lot of good one's more for just fishing like the Yellowfinn, I just don't fish that much and don't need or want all the open space.

OK, yes the Fountain is more for fishing but they do have comfort options and the fit and finish is NOT as bad as you think it is...it is actually as good as all the others. Anyway, on the speeds you think you will get with the boats you posted you will not attain those speeds.

Under normal boating conditions, water, weather, load:
Donzi 38 ZF models with trip 300's will hit mid 60's
Midnight needs quad 275-300's to hit mid 60's and you will use lots of gas
Intrepid 370 CC no cuddy I've read will hit low 60's with trip 275's.

If I were buying another boat and had the time and money to do so I would get on the 2 year wait list for the Intrepid.

Also check out Jupiter boats. http://www.jupitermarine.com/38fs.aspx Jupiters fit and finish build is sweet and they can be customized to fit your style of boating. But just like all other 38's (except Fountain) they will hit low 60's with trip 275-300's.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Lapse, also Nor-Tech will build you a CC!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I would say 10% fishing 10% diving 80% hanging out. I know the Fountains are fast but when you look at a Deep Impact, Intrepid, or Midnight Express the fit and finsh is worth 15 mph to me over the Fountain.
I have not been on the Donzi yet but I think you are mixing up the ZFX & ZSF I like the ZFX I am not looking for a boat to overnight in.
The Midnight & Intrepid should do 60-65 with tripp 250-300 hp's, The Deep Impact 68-72 with 250-300 hp, the Donzi should do 70-75 with tripp 300's, and they are in my range new or demo models now with the 300's on them. I would perfer to stick with four strokes. I will be loading it up or buying loaded with Gen, A/C, 3-4 Batt., big sound sys, hooka dive comp.ect,ect,

I like all the seating you can get on the models I listed, I know there are a lot of good one's more for just fishing like the Yellowfinn, I just don't fish that much and don't need or want all the open space.
If you like the ZFX but are looking for even more seating you'll love the new ZFX Open with Donzi's new hardtop.... #1 is currently being photographed and I will be on the http://www.donzimarine.com website in a few weeks... Here's a sneak peak.

Personally, I would have hella-fun sea-trailing everyone of the above mentioned, decision should be clear from there....
Attached Thumbnails Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-2008_38zfx_open.jpg  

Last edited by Donzi38ZR; 01-02-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I need to go spend about a week in Florida water testing.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by allstarmarine
Lapse,
Have you given any consideration to the 35' Latitude?

Latitude is a custom boat that your imagination is the only limitation. Options, colors, and power can all be tailored to your desires. The hull construction and gel coat are second to none. Orlando the owner of Latitude has built hulls for Apache and Midnight Express to name a few. Latitudes rigging is completed by the same riggers used by Midnight Express. Do not make a decision without checking out Latitude...

Below is the link to Latitude's Website.

http://www.latitudepowerboats.com

ALLSTAR Marine is the Exclusive Maryland Dealer for Latitude Powerboats and currently has a 35' SS Latitude in stock for immediate delivery and if this particular boat does not satisfy your craving please give us an opportunity to build a custom Latitude for you. Below is a link to our webiste which includes photos of the Latiude:

www.allstarmarineonline.com

The 35 can be built with three engines. Power options include: Yamaha, Mercury, or Evinrude. The in stock boat will be at the Baltimore Boat Show in a few weeks.

POC: David Anderson
Phone: 410-574-8281
Yes they are a very nice boat, the old Power Play hull right?, I want a wider beam. If I trailered all the time I would be looking at them and the Concepts, and some of the other more sport style ones
Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

powerplay 33' 4sale in trader . Wide beam boats for the most part are slower.
Attached Thumbnails Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k-peterpp-034.jpg  
Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
If you like the ZFX but are looking for even more seating you'll love the new ZFX Open with Donzi's new hardtop.... #1 is currently being photographed and I will be on the http://www.donzimarine.com website in a few weeks... Here's a sneak peak.

Personally, I would have hella-fun sea-trailing everyone of the above mentioned, decision should be clear from there....
NICE!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

I love my CC but they are very windy at high speed. keep that in mind when you test drive one. its fine behind the windshield, just step out from behind it, other makes may be different.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Warbird had a Midnight Express for sale that had two sets of McLeod bolsters and quads. That looked like one of the nicest cc's I have seen. The problem with some cc's is that the seating for the driver is not comfortable, you always seem to be reaching for the controls.
I sat in that boat at the 2006 Ft. Lauderdale show. That boat i bad ass.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR

They had the first one at the Ft. Lauderdale show back in October. It was the only innovative thing I saw at the show this year. I must had sat in that boat for an hour talking with the guys from the factory. It was really nice and would make a great party boat.

Quick Reply: Best 35-40 foot Center Console 150-300k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.