Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Summer Vacation Where is the best place to go? >

Summer Vacation Where is the best place to go?

Notices

Summer Vacation Where is the best place to go?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Summer Vacation Where is the best place to go?

Hello All-

So we are in the process of trying to find a fun lake to take a vacation this summer (July/August). I have a few boats comming with me from South West Florida and about 10 boats comming from Minnesota (Twin Cities). Seeing that we are on opposite end of the US the lake needs to be in the middle of the country. Here are the lakes in which we have thought about (In no particluar order):

1) Lake Cumberland
2) Dale Hallow
3) Lake Lanier
4) Lake Kentucky

We are looking for a place that is a lot of fun for all (Ages of the group range from 24 to 55 yrs old). We could either rent hotel/condo or a house boat/s. Would like an area with some local bars, good food and great boating! Boat lengths for the group range from 27ft to 40ft so the lake needs to have a good boat ramp for the bigger boats.

Thanks for the advice!

Don and Amanda
Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If no one has done it, you have to try Lake of the Ozarks. Over 60 miles of boatable water (safe 60 miles that is) that has everything from awesome restaurants and bars, great scenery, and a pretty amazing "party cove" which probably i covered under scenery already!!! Truly a great experience, houseboat rentals, unlimited condos with excellent dock availability, state park launches that handle 50+ footers, great nightlife, and a very warm time of the year for great weather in july and august. We use to stay about 10 days from July 25-August ? every year. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
If no one has done it, you have to try Lake of the Ozarks. Over 60 miles of boatable water (safe 60 miles that is) that has everything from awesome restaurants and bars, great scenery, and a pretty amazing "party cove" which probably i covered under scenery already!!! Truly a great experience, houseboat rentals, unlimited condos with excellent dock availability, state park launches that handle 50+ footers, great nightlife, and a very warm time of the year for great weather in july and august. We use to stay about 10 days from July 25-August ? every year. Good luck.
I have thought about LOTO. The guys from MN go every year for Memorial Day and for the Shootout. It is just a long drive for me....... I am trying to see if there is a good lake in the middle of us. Lake cumberland is half way between us.

Thanks
Don
Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered

LOTO ... Its worth the extra effort everytime and the place never disappoints
Old 01-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

LOTO. great water, hundreds of coves to hang out, bars and restaraunts and most of all some of the best boats you'll ever see in the midwest.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get ahold of Clay in Austin he can show you a good time.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cumberland and Dale Hollow are great! We love Moogies.
http://www.dalehollow.org/moogies

I have never been to LOTO, but , I don't think you could drive by Dale Hollow for LOTO.

Just my $.02
Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

LOTO has so much variety, you will never run out of things to do or places to go. Lots of stuff to do on land and endless places to go on the water. You can boat 50 miles or 1 mile and be somewhere fun.

Condo accomodations are everywhere and right on the water with slips for boats.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Dd24skater
Cumberland and Dale Hollow are great! We love Moogies.
http://www.dalehollow.org/moogies

I have never been to LOTO, but , I don't think you could drive by Dale Hollow for LOTO.

Just my $.02

There are probably 20 places at LOTO that would be similar.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dd24skater
Dale Hollow are great!
Is it dry like Cumberland?

The biggest knock on Cumberland IMO. But one heck of a time. Lots of big ramps and open areas to open the big boats up.

Quick Reply: Summer Vacation Where is the best place to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.