Notices

What builder is this

Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
True but it's more than 1-2 mph now with step bottoms, if Sonic's new step hull is a good one I bet it picks up more like 10 mph over the old 42, and that will mean a lot more MPG too.
If that is the case (10mph gain) then I would agree that they should update the hull.........but I would hope they keep the deck or at least the same lines...........
Old 01-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered

But in 20 years are you still going to be restoring 1988 Cigarettes or Sonic's or are you going to be looking for classic Outerlimits and Nortech's to do, when the prices are more for the everyday man ?
There are quite a few people out there who still restore the Model A........but I know that too is apples and oranges..........I myself would rather re-store an Outer Limits.......
Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

But in 20 years are you still going to be restoring 1988 Cigarettes or Sonic's or are you going to be looking for classic Outerlimits and Nortech's to do, when the prices are more for the everyday man ?
I'll let you know in 2028
Old 01-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'll let you know in 2028
Why 2028? Is that when the Pantera will be back in the water?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Why 2028? Is that when the Pantera will be back in the water?
I'm hoping sooner.
At least I think I'll still be in the water before Audifn, and he started that project, what, five years before me??
Old 01-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Yes you have to keep that walk around of the Sonic. Look at how much the 38 Top Gun picked up from the flat to the twin step with just 500hp's in them, was like 72 mph to 82 mph.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
There are quite a few people out there who still restore the Model A........but I know that too is apples and oranges..........I myself would rather re-store an Outer Limits.......

Yes but that old model A doesn't half to float and run across the water at 70 mph , I like me some old muscle cars and trucks but for the everyday driver TV's and boats I like to have them be ten years or less.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Yes but that old model A doesn't half to float and run across the water at 70 mph , I like me some old muscle cars and trucks but for the everyday driver TV's and boats I like to have them be ten years or less.
Gotta agree with ya there........I am not into having a trailer queen.....................
Old 01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
Hey what's wrong with Velocity and Sonic sticking with what works.........................."If it ain't broke don't fix it"........

Just cause "it ain't broke" dosen't mean anyone wants it. Both are very old technology in terms of design. And don't think I'm trying to start something here. We are live in a high tech world and most want the latest and greatest of what is offered. In order to remain in this boat building game a company needs to constantly be on top of the latest technology, if not just ahead of it, if they want to gain their share of the market. Both of the above are designs that are decades old in their basis, both still work ( ain't broke ) but are not keeping up with the standards being set in the industry, and are seeing shrinking markets for their designs.

Set aside the fact that I own a Fountain and apply this to your own brand of choice. This fall I sold my 35' boat with HP 500 carb motors, bought a much newer and more technologically advanced design 35' model by the same manufacturer, with HP 525's. With only a small increase in horsepower I have gained a solid 10 mph increase in top speed. Which will also translate into a higher cruise speed, or the ability to cruise at the same speed as before but a a lower and more efficient engine speed. I see this as a win - win deal, faster on esentially the same power while using less fuel, and no tempermental high maintence hot rod engines to deal with, or the other broken chit that often follows the adding of more hp to any given set up.

If your manufacturer of choice could offer this to you would you not be inclined to return to them for your next purchase? Or would you be content to stay with them if their pitch to you was "It ain't broke, so we ain't gonna spend our money to fix it, just for your benefit"
Old 01-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

OK, here is an idea............OSO needs to gather its 30,000 best members and have them each chip in $166 and then we can all be experts and become the new owners of Velocity.
If we own the company we can takeover the industry by shamelessly self promoting the boats here on the #1 Powerboating website!

Quick Reply: What builder is this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.