Notices

MTI on Barrett Jackson

Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have the ability to put a reserve on any thing going thru. It is up to the seller if he wants a no-reserve sale. Even with that if the bid is too low he can have someone in the bidding area bid it up to a real number so he does not lose.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
You have the ability to put a reserve on any thing going thru. It is up to the seller if he wants a no-reserve sale. Even with that if the bid is too low he can have someone in the bidding area bid it up to a real number so he does not lose.
Not true. My Uncle is the VP of Consignments for Barrett Jackson and all auctions are NO RESERVE. If it goes on the block, it will be sold.

Granted, you can buy it back yourself to keep from letting it go to low but then you have to pay the buyers and sellers percentage to Barrett Jackson.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I didn't say that. There were 3 MTI's used in the movie. 2 New ones and Bob Bull's race boat. After the Movie people were done, one was sold to Randy's brother-in-law and painted red and silver with a large MOJO on the side. This boat has been all over the country on display and is very well known as the MOJO boat, especially here on OSO. It was traded to another guy from LOTO who changed a few of the graphics so he could send it out to the Auction. David Woods still has the other boat listed for sale on the Pier 57 web site. Hope that clears it up for you.
My life is completed now.....thankyou
Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Not true. My Uncle is the VP of Consignments for Barrett Jackson and all auctions are NO RESERVE. If it goes on the block, it will be sold.

Granted, you can buy it back yourself to keep from letting it go to low but then you have to pay the buyers and sellers percentage to Barrett Jackson.
yah at 18 percent.......

I am down here in Scottsdale right now to work the auction hauling back cars to Canada, probably be a big year for Canadians with the dollar and all.

I will try and get some pics of the boat at the auction and post them here (if I can figure out how)
Old 01-10-2008, 12:31 PM
RHC
Registered

All it takes to have an Auction is one buyer, and the Auctioneer!! and thats a fact !!

RHC
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
yah at 18 percent.......

That's tough to understand. In the world of automotive rarities, I can see where the auction mentality can overtake people and drive the cars up, but a boat? It's not like you couldn't find one in the classifieds.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
My life is completed now.....thankyou
Just trying to help a lost soul out of the dark.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

and what about tax? i watch the auction every year for a few hours and they talk about what the car sold for , buyers premium and tax.. or am i missing something?

and isn't that illegal to have someone schill(sp) bidding?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
MES
Registered

Riddle me this........If there are 3 MOJO MTI's, how many MOJO Hummer's are there?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
and isn't that illegal to have someone schill(sp) bidding?

Definitely illegal, tough to detect and exceptionally rare to see prosecutions.

It's not shill bidding if the properly-identified owner is doing the bidding. Some auctions allow the owner to match the bid and assume the fees.

Quick Reply: MTI on Barrett Jackson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.