Notices

Gas prices

Old 01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life sucks then you die. Bite the bullet and push the throttles.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
My 44 gallon Excursion fill-ups are over $150. And I have two of them!

I'm hopeful on gas prices this season. It's an election year and the party in office can't afford $4 unleaded at the corner station.
I have one also....gas 10 cyl.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I posted about this last week. I spend quite a few bucks a month on truckload freight. In 2.5 years, fuel prices are up about a buck fifty a gallon but in that same time my rates are up by a buck a mile. If you're getting 8mpg, cost increases should only be 19 cents a mile, based on that $1,50 fuel increase.

The freight brokers keep telling me it's all fuel cost. My calculator says different.
Very good point....I did pass that on to one of the haulers we use and he laughed......"Those are your numbers not mine"

Great answer for jacking prices
Old 01-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I fill up the Donzi at the same gas station all the time (cuz its the only one i can get into) an the same kid was there all last summer. He would have to re-set my card like three times for one fill up.
I fill up at the same place everytime as well because it is easy to get into and out of, and is the only name brand station that is moderately close. The pump quits at 100 bucks (not gallons - DOLLARS) - talk about a pain.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't wait to put $500 of gas in my boat. It'll be the cheapest thing I've put in it yet.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea and that includes the women also
Old 01-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CAP071
Yea and that includes the women also
Roger that.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

Read two articles recently:

#1 - China curently uses one third of the oil consumed by North America - due to their expansion, in 10 years they are expected to use ten times what North America uses

#2 - Car-maker tata Group just unveiled the Nano, a car to be sol throughout the world at the cost of $2,600 for the base model, "alllowing millions in India's emerging middle classes to buy a car for the first time". It runs a two cylinder 33 hp gas engine.

Demand is going nowhere but up, and at an exponential (sp?) rate.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 AM

Fuel prices are one major factor that has me reconsidering a twin engine boat, & looking at a smaller single. I truly love boating, & to me, if I'm going to drag my boat at least 30 miles to put it in the water, I want to be able to boat more than 10 minutes just to end up "sitting" all day. So in my "cheap-a$$ way of thinking....smaller boat= less purchase price, smaller single boat= less fuel cost, which = more boating time...
Again....I'm a "cheap-a$$".....
Hell, I may even look into mounting a trolling motor on the back for those times when no one is looking, then I just run the boat on the trolling motor.....
Old 01-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I fill up at the same place everytime as well because it is easy to get into and out of, and is the only name brand station that is moderately close. The pump quits at 100 bucks (not gallons - DOLLARS) - talk about a pain.

I usaully go to the cleark before I start pumping and ask him/her to keep the pump on....they'll ask for a credit card and ID to hold unitl you're done but its better then having to keep going back.

Quick Reply: Gas prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.