Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Used boat prices....how they holding up?? >

Used boat prices....how they holding up??

Notices

Used boat prices....how they holding up??

Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would tend to agree that boats are priced crazy right now. Considering the inevitable burst of the boat price bubble expected to hit this summer when gas reaches $4.00+ per gallon, I would think that the prices would be more aggressive...

Then again, I think people are inflating their prices because they are probably expecting to be hit with offers of considerably less. I guess I'll find out how the market really is when I pull the trigger in the next few months.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I think they're dreaming and they owe too much on them. All you have to do is look at what stuff has been really selling for.
BINGO!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

It depends on the boat too.

Look at older Donzi classics. NADA has them really low, but they never sell for that low. I think they extrapolate data based on newer boat sales... older boats usually change hands person to person, without a broker, so the prices are all off.

NADA is one single guide... it takes a lot more than that to price a boat properly.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

The price of any new boat is not helping eather, When a new 35 Fountian is advertised at a show for 385k what do you think the guy with a 2yr old one is going to think his is worth? Its just outa controll all the way around new/used. The real question is WHAT is selling.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
The price of any new boat is not helping eather, When a new 35 Fountian is advertised at a show for 385k
Yeah, but it's only 999/month!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

Who has access to Yachtworld.com wizard to see what
listed boats, have actually sold for? This is the true market
value by region.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Registered

Guys, It really comes down to this....boats are toys !! No one needs one to live. Its not like a house or even a car. If the market drops in a house, people freak out as it is, with most average people, their single largest asset, and even for some retirement. So they hold on to them or stand fast enless the bank takes over. But with a boat it is different. People buy when they have money, or THINK they have money. When they get into trouble or times get tight, toys are the first to go, either by choice or by bank. Keep looking, reality has not set in yet with most. It will come.

Shore....
Old 01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

I dont think your off, but remeber listing price and what is sells for are two different animals...if you have your ducks in line, figure out what you want to offer and go for it, worse they can say is no.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered

As far as people (dealers) adding numerous options that were stock from the factory to the NADA's......

That is also a VERY popular tactic in the RV world. The trump up thousands in add on's that were already part of the price given up at the top of the report.............
Old 01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I heard with gas prices going up that outboard boats were going to actually increase in value?

Do you ever work?

Quick Reply: Used boat prices....how they holding up??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.