Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
boat accident / need lawyer  or advice >

boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Notices

boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup , ripped her side right off ! put on the bottom of castle rock lake , deffinately totalled . theese rental co have no resposibility for there disfuctional chit they rent and could care less what happens , Hell why would they everthing that could possibly happen isnt coverd i guess , i guess by law they don have to protect the public , theyre just not liable ,i want a to own a boat like that , i know when they pulled my boat out ,the dnr was on the spot making sure everthing on my craft was right . even took the stern light out and put in another boat to make sure it worked ! i bet if i had no lights id been liable !! nothing more than big insurance fhucking over the small , not even suing for chit load of cash just medical , replacemnt of propery , and bills associated with the crash , like the 5000 to get the boat out of the water ,
Old 03-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that suks, have not been there in a couple years. Hope all goes well.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Good luck man I hope you get the bastard and the stupid worthlesss ins. companies as well!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Sucks, please keep us posted. If one good thing can come out of this it would be educating us in how to avoid the same thing...........and maybe a new replacement boat.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

thanks guys its all good , my family will suck it up , and move on , im just glad no one was killed , that in itself is a miricle , there were 10 on they:re boat and four on mine , i had just dropped off the 3 youngsters after a great day on the boat for beginning of summer , i dont know how i would go on without family . not to mention if someone on theyre boat would have been killed !! i still feel very LUCKY !!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Shore Thing,

I am sure you know what you are saying about the insurance not covering after leaving the dock, however as a business what is the point of having insurance????

The rental company would have insurance to cover the boats while they are in posession of the rental company. The renter would be responsible for anything happening to the boat while it is in his/her possession. Some rental companies offer insurance to the renter for an additional cost.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
as what rental co can actully send anything out without any liability ? hell whats next , dening liability cause youre not suppose to get in a accident ? i feel its there boat there liability ! they reserve right to persue the individuals that they choose to rent to , and most of all make damm sure all the equipment is in functioning order / if theese insurance co keep getting away withdenying theese cliams , whats the point of having it .
I don't think it's the rental company's liability. If you rented a car from Avis and drove it through a shopping mall killing 5 people, do you think Avis should be responsible for that? Sounds like neglect on the part of the renter.

Rob, I'm on your side on this and i hope you guys can get as much back as possible. I'm just giving another perspective to take into consideration. It sounds to me like neglect on the renter's side (assuming there is a no driving at night rule from the rental company.)

I wish you luck.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
I don't think it's the rental company's liability. If you rented a car from Avis and drove it through a shopping mall killing 5 people, do you think Avis should be responsible for that? Sounds like neglect on the part of the renter.
BUT what if Avis had disabled numerous safety features of the car, then sent it out on a rental. Now who is liable?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If they disabled the headlights and the contract stated, No driving at night and no driving in inclimate weather, then the renter remains liable.

I'm not a lawyer though and this is all just my opinion. But I doubt the rental company shoved booze down this scumbags throat and told him to drive around at night without lights.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered

thats the isurance co stand right there , but if there not liable , how do you protec t innocent people swimming and enjyting the water ways resposibly , i feel if youre going to take the money for the rental youre also taking the reposibility of the people youre renting too , as do youre ins. co , they know that theese boats are being used for partying and they still send them out . how can we enjoy the waterways if ins co are never liable my two cents .

Quick Reply: boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.