boat accident / need lawyer  or advice >

boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Notices

boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boat accident / need lawyer or advice

need possible help with littigation / complicated / rental boat hit me drunk driver , running at night with no lighting system aboard , still denying claim because wernt suppose to use the boat under theese circumstances . what are my options ?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no lawyer , but if you have insurance , make a claim and let your insurance company go after them..... Hope nobody was injured
Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

do you have a police report?
can you prove that he was drunk?
if you have this 2 the law will be in you side
is not will be your world against his, and that involve litigation
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by tanner
I am no lawyer , but if you have insurance , make a claim and let your insurance company go after them..... Hope nobody was injured
also contact your states insurance comissioner. that will put pressure on their insurance company to settle the case within a certain peroid of time.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered

Oh yea, I have gone after the insurance companies through the insurance commissioner, they will settle quick after the heat.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
need possible help with littigation / complicated / rental boat hit me drunk driver , running at night with no lighting system aboard , still denying claim because wernt suppose to use the boat under theese circumstances . what are my options ?
I'm not a lawyer but it looks like you may have a couple of options

1) Go after the rental company personally
2) Go after the rental companies insurance
3) Go after the operator personally
4) File a claim and let your insurance go after the other parties. This would likely result in the parties at fault getting away with it and you having to pay a deductible with a nice stain on your boating record.

I would figure that the rental company will fight it and blame the operator. IMO - the operator should pay and I would go after him. BUT its pertty easy to just name everybody and make them all do the legwork to prove themselve innocent. Thats what these people are doing with the poker runs. Win in doubt - go after everybody and hope for a settlement.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

i am , there insurance is giving me the song an dance stating there denying coverage because the boat was being used after dark without there permission , although the pontoonboat was rented on a two day rental over night , also says the boat wasnt being used the wrong way . the drunk driver , weve already one the criminal , now were on to the civil but getting the run around , my lawer is anything but a go getter and im getting very concerned ! it seemed like cut and dry , but its been anything but cut and dry , the owner of the rental boat admitted to taking all the lights off the toon because he got sick of waiting for the people to bring back the boat at night , i just cant believe that they think they can scate coverage on this claim . Mediator seems to think we only have 50 /50 shot and said we settle for pennies on the dollar
Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
i am , there insurance is giving me the song an dance stating there denying coverage because the boat was being used after dark without there permission , although the pontoonboat was rented on a two day rental over night , also says the boat wasnt being used the wrong way . the drunk driver , weve already one the criminal , now were on to the civil but getting the run around , my lawer is anything but a go getter and im getting very concerned ! it seemed like cut and dry , but its been anything but cut and dry , the owner of the rental boat admitted to taking all the lights off the toon because he got sick of waiting for the people to bring back the boat at night , i just cant believe that they think they can scate coverage on this claim . Mediator seems to think we only have 50 /50 shot and said we settle for pennies on the dollar
wow you really need a good advice, sound like that people have a lot of liabilities
Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

sounds like you need a new lawyer
Old 01-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

i know i want a good one this time any body else know one ?

Quick Reply: boat accident / need lawyer or advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.