Notices

2008 Donzi's

Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I have a foreign exchange student from Germany till end of January. All of Feb. working on docks and ramps with Doc Man Rich..possibly end of this month... if he decides to work vs red bullin it March 4-5 I have Tres Martin holding class here at the house, thats something both you guys should consider..if not any time after 3/6/08.. let me know. Thanks Jeff
Do I get to do the driving part of the class with your boat?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the small donzi's are really not up to snuff I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop i mean the 41 year old piece of fiberglass I have has to fall apart someday right????

I would imagine with the gloomy news about the economy the hi po boat business is going to change alot for alot of companies wellcraft got out of the business, fountain is out of the under 30 foot group so is Cig
Donzi offers hi po boats from 16 feet to 43 feet quite a model line up not to mention the zf line
you'll see slow sellers like the sweet 16 lounge seating classic and the high price special edition boats drop from the line up first

they added dealers they also lost dealers

i guess we'll know more at the miami show at which way the company will go

i did like the 38zr's i have seen and they ride awesome and i
have always loved the classics

hey blue that 35 zr up by you ain't half bad either
Old 01-18-2008, 05:20 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

The red 38zrc at pier 57 I remember that boat last month with stickers on the side of it round pier 57 stickers. But I thought it was advertised as a 2007. If a boat don't sell can they just change the title to a 2008 is that how the marine industry works. I guess just remove the chrome vin # on hull since not stamped on hull anymore. merc stoped putting year on motor now only a vin # so leftover motors were not labeled as old. Am I rite??? Does any one have the answer.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Donzi has been up and down forever, between doing ok and not being able to pay the bills.

The older classic hulls (pre OMC) are definitely awesome. The newer classics seem to use hardware that isn't as good, and in general don't seem as good as they used to be.

The latest marketing push was the link to Miami Vice and other shows/movies. That, IMO, is the biggest waste of time and money to date. The Donzi web site sucks, marketing sucks, etc. I'd pick a bunch of other manufacturers over them for a new boat for many reasons.

They are also building a lot of big boats, which they have never been that strong in market wise.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama
Does there seem to be an awful lot of "2008" Donzi's in the classifieds right now?

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...en&s_by=f_year
It seems like alot of boats are for sale not just Donzi
I'm in the market for the following

2000-2002 28zxo / 28zx
1999-2002 292
1997-2002 312
Old 01-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bojoe2
The red 38zrc at pier 57 I remember that boat last month with stickers on the side of it round pier 57 stickers. But I thought it was advertised as a 2007. If a boat don't sell can they just change the title to a 2008 is that how the marine industry works. I guess just remove the chrome vin # on hull since not stamped on hull anymore. merc stoped putting year on motor now only a vin # so leftover motors were not labeled as old. Am I rite??? Does any one have the answer.
Hey Joe,
The Vin is molded into the fiberglass so it is harder but not impossible to change it. Some of the 08's I see look suspiciously like 07's. I am assuming those boats are either same paint schemes or the ordered boat has a similar paint.
It is very illegal to change VIN's and falsely represent the year of a vehicle. Not that any manufacturer would have ever done that in the past.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

guys
doesn't the hin have digits that represent the production date and model year and doesn't production for the2008 model year really start in summer/ fall of 2007

i have seen the bigger zr boats in all solid colors a red one and a yellow one

that would be the scheme i would have sort of a classic paint scheme

white hull bottom solid red sides white deck with a red stripe
sorry old dog here who won't learn new tricks
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My 2006 38ZR is still for sale at Pier 57...only 30hrs / warranty. Can be had for a great price if anyone is looking.

http://www.pier57.com/200638donzizrroof.htm
Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Classic meets contemporary!
Here is my Comp and previous Kryptonite and 22 Classic.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Donzi's-donzi_srq_pra_2007_18%5B1%5D.jpg   2008 Donzi's-100_0655-small-.jpg   2008 Donzi's-classic-22.jpeg  

Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Hey Joe,
The Vin is molded into the fiberglass so it is harder but not impossible to change it. Some of the 08's I see look suspiciously like 07's. I am assuming those boats are either same paint schemes or the ordered boat has a similar paint.
It is very illegal to change VIN's and falsely represent the year of a vehicle. Not that any manufacturer would have ever done that in the past.
Hey Tommy, I thought, like OL and Cig, Donzi has moved away from imprinting the HIN in the transom, and now afixes a metal plate instead.

Love the pics of the your ZRC and his little brother.

Quick Reply: 2008 Donzi's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.