Boat prices at boat shows??? >

Boat prices at boat shows???

Notices

Boat prices at boat shows???

Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boat prices at boat shows???

For a person that has only bought used boats before and now is going to a boat show with thought of buying new, need advice and guidance.......

For example, if the MSRP on a boat is like 170k for a 29' cruiser and at the show they have boat show price of 135k listed, what should this person seriously consider a good price on this boat?

Is 135k the real price he should expect to pay or should 10%-20% off the 135k realistic?

With the boating industry taking such a beating right now, I imagine the dealers are dealing more than ever so any insight to working a deal would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My last boat the guy paid 189K and I bought it next season for 129K I can't see buying new. Make an offer the worse they can say is too low.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buying a boat is no different than buying a car or a house. You should know going in exactly what you want and have spoken to everyone that sells it. Do your research and shop price with multiple dealers. Just like the car biz, dealers love to steal a sale from outside their area- I'd be talking to the one's on adjoining states.

The new boat industry is in the toilet. There should be no shortage of dels to be had.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

If you're talking a leftover 2007 (or older) model that they are wanting to get off their lot, it would have a ton of room left in the price. If it is a brand new, 2008 and optioned correctly, they might hold pretty tight and see if they can't get a sucker to pay top dollar for it at the show. If you count on buying, do a ton of research before you go.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lowball them all you never know what they are willing to take.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered

if you offer low, They probably will take yer #, and bug ya to death to pay their price, then call ya after the show when it hasnt sold, and make ya a deal, happened to me at Miami about 4 years ago.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Most new boats have a 27% mark up. The broker gets paid about 2% on a new boat that leaves 25.5% left on the boat. base your offer on that don't forget the dealer needs to make some cash as well. Also boat shows there is often a kickback from the builder as well 5% or so.

I feel like the masked magician giving away the secrets.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Go to the show to look and find what you want. Research.. research.. research.. you have to know more about what you buying then the ignorant sales staff. Most of the time they have no clue what they ar talking about.
Then go back on the last day, last hour. Go back and forth to 2 or 3 dealers, and make sure they know you are comparing prices, even if they will say that the boats are not apples to apples.
Happy hunting.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

all depends on the brand...take a 31 formula PC for instance. MSRP $220k...invoice was just under $150k
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 PM

Being a boat dealer, yes you can get some great deals at the show. We don't want to trailer them home, we want to place an order for another 08 model. As for waiting for the last day, take your chance, actually the best deal we offer is the very first person who buys, sometimes within the first hour.

WILL

Quick Reply: Boat prices at boat shows???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.