Virginia Noise and Speed limits

Notices

Virginia Noise and Speed limits

Old 01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia Noise and Speed limits

Well, they are at it again. Since last year when I suggested that we get together and fight boat noise and speed limits for the commonwelth of Virginia we have started a group to fight this. We called it the Lake Anna Boating and Recreation Assoc. LABARA for short. We have now gotten our non-profit status and incorporated. Our main Goal it to not have the Virginia leglesators pass more laws limiting our use of all Virginia waterways. Please go to our web site and join to help us fight our freedoms on our waterways. The site is LABARA.org . I will be at the Richmond Chillout with petitions that we need to get signed so we have the backing of people in our fight. Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave..Give me a call sometime
Old 01-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Please keep us posted & I will check out the website
Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groundsfordivorce
Well, they are at it again. Since last year when I suggested that we get together and fight boat noise and speed limits for the commonwelth of Virginia we have started a group to fight this. We called it the Lake Anna Boating and Recreation Assoc. LABARA for short. We have now gotten our non-profit status and incorporated. Our main Goal it to not have the Virginia leglesators pass more laws limiting our use of all Virginia waterways. Please go to our web site and join to help us fight our freedoms on our waterways. The site is LABARA.org . I will be at the Richmond Chillout with petitions that we need to get signed so we have the backing of people in our fight. Thanks,
Dave
I'll be glad to help out. See you tomorrow night.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LABARA.org

Last edited by groundsfordivorce; 01-18-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: trying to insert the link
Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We have aprox 300 members so far some don't come to lake anna but, just don't want anymore laws telling us how we can use waterways in Virginia. here is a lettter from our VP
January 12, 2008 along with a petition form

Dear Fellow LABARA Member and/or Lake Anna Boater:

The Lake Anna Advisory Committee, a body empowered by the three counties surrounding Lake Anna (Orange, Louisa, and Spotsylvania) will be meeting on Wednesday January 23rd, 2008 in the Gordon Building basement located at 112 West Main Street in the town of Orange Virginia 22960. One item on their agenda has the potential to dramatically affect our boating privileges on Lake Anna. At this meeting they will decide whether to pursue state wide speed and noise limits by recommending them to broader authorities throughout the localities and state.
I live in a Lake Anna waterfront community and honestly cannot understand the need for any such legislation or restrictions. If you follow local politics, you quickly learn that this action is at the behest of a few vocal and well connected individuals claiming to represent the views of many. This is simply not true. No one has produced any evidence that there is a need for increased boating restrictions. In fact, the data from the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and other Lake Anna authorities reflects that noise and speed are not a significant concern on the lake. Accidents happen here like they do anywhere else, but they are caused by poor boating habits, not noise and speed. These, in particular, are emotional, if not xenophobic, issues.
Please take the time, right this minute, to date, sign, and add your address to the enclosed letter and place a check mark in the line next to the status that best fits your relationship to Lake Anna, and send it back in the SASE also enclosed. Be sure to place a stamp on the letter. We will tally the results and present them at the meeting.
Your action will clearly register your dissapproval of increasing boating restrictions on Lake Anna. If possible, please come to the meeting to support our efforts.
Let’s boat safely and responsibly with a cooperative attitude toward all. We don’t need costly and restrictive laws on the books to make us do that, do we?

Mike Bridges, VP, LABARA
Date: ______________________

To: The members of the Lake Anna Advisory Committee
Dear Sir or Madam:
According to Marilyn Root’s article entitled “Lake noise and speed limit issues require state action, VGDIF advises LAAC” in the November 1, 2007 issue of the Lake Anna Observer newspaper, the LAAC has agreed “to pursue noise and speed limits of watercraft on Lake Anna”.
As a (select at least one):
___ Louisa County resident,
___ Spotsylvania County resident,
___ Orange County resident,
___ Virginia State Resident,
___ Out of State Boater who visits Lake Anna,
I would like to express my displeasure with pursuing any restrictions since they are obviously based on misinformation and the misguided perceptions of a few and do not reflect the views of the majority of those who boat on Lake Anna. Rather, it appears to pander to the urges of a few select individuals who live on or near the lake. I urge you all to move away from this issue and focus on water quality, shoreline management, economic development, and other important issues foresaking the urge to place limitations on our boating privileges. The existing boating regulations in Virginia are more than sufficient to control unsafe and irresponsible boating practices. The preponderance of evidence simply doesn’t reflect any need for these additional restrictions.
Our country is based on freedoms that are preserved through courage, tolerance, cooperation, and responsibility. I urge you respect our freedoms and to make it your priority to help preserve and protect our current boating privileges in Virginia.
Sincerely and resolutely,
Signature: ____________________________________

Name Printed: ____________________________________

Address: ____________________________________

City: ____________________ State: ________ Zip: __________

Please return to:
LABARA
650 Bear Castle Drive
Bumpass, VA 23024
Old 01-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If we don't fight these proposed laws it will bring an end to the type of boating we all love. Maybe we will be racing sailboats. We need to fight this state by state.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

if we can help or if you need any info please contact us, we went thru this a few years back here along with sitting in on the meetings and helping to gather facts, trust me when i say DGIF does not want this!

Will Dillon
[email protected]
Old 01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Good News

On 1/23/08 the Lake Anna Advisory Committee (LAAC) had their monthly meeting. First let me explain what LAAC does. LAAC was formed by Spotsylvaina, Louisa and Orange counties in Virginia , the three counties that surround Lake Anna, to advise the counties on issues that affect all of them. After hearing from about 10 people opposing any more restrictions They decided that there was no reason to pursue the issue. Lake Anna Boating and Recreation Assoc. Had over 400 petitions opposing the restrictions. We (LABARA) feel we won a large battle but, the War is from over. LABARA would like to have the people who boat at SML and any other waterways in VA join forces with us so we can have a greater voice at the state level. LABARA has gotten a lot of support from the American Watercraft Assoc. (AWA). AWA even sent their lobbyst from Richmond to the meeting with LAAC. AWA realizes that this needs to also be addressed at a state level and has asked that LABARA contact as many VA boaters as we can to form a larger alliance.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

177 views I wish atleast half of the viewers would get involved in fighting for no more restrictions on waterways. The only way to fight local and state governments from putting restrictions in place is to speak up. Join LABARA.org and be heard

Quick Reply: Virginia Noise and Speed limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.