Notices

Lake Havasu Questions

Old 01-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

By the way..."casual R&R"!!??

Not likely at Havasu. You're going to need a few days to recover after partying out there.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The concrete dock next to The London Bridge Resort (in front of the stores) usually lets BIG boats dock there......but I'm sure it costs $$
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
London Bridge Resort or Queensbay Condos....
I have stayed at Queens Bay Condos numerous time.....centrally located, very clean and very organized for good prices.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if want to pull the boat out stay at the island inn
cheaper and nice the last time i stayed
Old 01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered

Jeez, I still remember jumping off the first floor of Kokomos into the swimming pool below.....
Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
Look into renting a house for the weekend. Something with a boat deep garage to keep the toy. That will take al of the stress out of the trip. Launch from Cattail cove. Best ramp, nicest rangers and protected from wind. Its an extra 15 minute drive by truck and at the rate you go about an extra 30 seconds and $1000 in fuel back!
Food in town is interesting... the places that charge the most arent always the best. Che Bons has great meals, Mudsharks is another good call for a quick meal. Maddogs hotdogs may kill you, but you will die with a smile. BJ's tavern is an eclictic mix that has to be seen to believe. Keoreki singing while people dance... interesting, but fun.

Have a great time and post pictures!!!

MD
Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Help a guy from the flatlands out here. WTF is the deal with all the pop-up tents in front of everyones boats in some of those pictures? Is that the left hand coasts way of marking territory?
Why are there no/limited quanity docks on Havasu at the resorts? I've never been to a place on a lake that didn't have a boat slip for my beater.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

I don't think KiloCat will have a problem getting an end-tie at London Bridge Resort. Some Bud Select goodies can go a long way. I liked Nautical, but for a BIG boat, and the requisite marketing, an end-tie at LBR would be awesome.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered

Arrow

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Help a guy from the flatlands out here. WTF is the deal with all the pop-up tents in front of everyones boats in some of those pictures? Is that the left hand coasts way of marking territory?
Why are there no/limited quanity docks on Havasu at the resorts? I've never been to a place on a lake that didn't have a boat slip for my beater.
During Desert Storm (when those pics were taken), you can mark your beach spot. The EZ-Ups keep you from baking your melon in 115 degree heat.

I believe all of the AZ lakefront land is owned by the Bureau of Land Management, so there is very little change in the development of the lake from the 80's (even the docks and ramps are still stuck in the 80's...lol). The Colorado River supplies much of the irrigation and drinking water for AZ and Cali, so the government regulates the land.

On the Cali side, I believe it is situated on indian reservations.

Besides the land restrictions, it is in the middle of the desert (not really near polulated ares), so there is a pretty big commute to get there. Rooms are at a premium during the summer, but empty for more than a few winter months during the year.

The lake is fairly narrow, but has always been a hotbed for performance boating with no speed limits, flat water, great weather, and big, fake boobies.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Launch from Cattail cove. Best ramp, nicest rangers and protected from wind. Its an extra 15 minute drive by truck and at the rate you go about an extra 30 seconds and $1000 in fuel back!
Food in town is interesting... the places that charge the most arent always the best. Che Bons has great meals, Mudsharks is another good call for a quick meal. Maddogs hotdogs may kill you, but you will die with a smile. BJ's tavern is an eclictic mix that has to be seen to believe. Keoreki singing while people dance... interesting, but fun.
Invaluable info for a first timer ... Thanks !!

Quick Reply: Lake Havasu Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.