Notices

Lake Havasu Questions

Old 01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Invaluable info for a first timer ... Thanks !!
KiloKat, if your looking for a house to rent get a hold of me @ 805-896-6886. I have a very nice crib in Havasu that's brand new. 56dx20wx20high door RV garage with a 20x40 garage atached next to it. A large main house, a 1400sq guest house with an observation deck with great veiws of the lake and mountains. Guest house is right off a very nice pool and spa area. It's 5 to 8 minutes from either launch ramp and 5 minutes to the London bridge. I also have a food thing set up with Shagrues, so if you don't feel like leaving for the day or whatever, they will cater for you. I don't rent it out but would be honored to set you up with it. And if John is coming with you I'll really set you up, I owe him a few favors.

Greg
Old 01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Dave,
Look into renting a house for the weekend. Something with a boat deep garage to keep the toy. That will take al of the stress out of the trip. Launch from Cattail cove. Best ramp, nicest rangers and protected from wind. Its an extra 15 minute drive by truck and at the rate you go about an extra 30 seconds and $1000 in fuel back!

Have a great time and post pictures!!!

MD

Couldn't agree more with Matt (aka Schwanzee)

We usually rent a house too. But having the boat in the water and not having to f*ck around with launching is kind'a nice. Plus the London Bridge has suites that over look the docks/water. Kind'a nice to be on the water. And there's Kokomo's and the martini bar under you.

If you don't end up staying at the Nautical and don't use their private launch ramp (glorified dirt ramp...but works well), def. take Matt's advise and launch at Cattail. The rangers are always nice and accomidating, the ramp is decent and there's usually ample parking. Def. worth the drive. The main marina launch ramp is owned by a bunch of nature nazi mother f*ckers that control the marina like they don't need the business. Windsor is the other ramp and it basically sucks. Shallow in spots and crowded...(hate to see you ding one of those herings, though it wouldn't be the first time someone did!).

While on the water, take a run to the south end of the lake (havasu springs) for a beer. Nice run. Don't forget to see Copper Canyon which is on the west side of the lake as the lake narrows while running south towards havasu springs. There's also steamboat cove (you'll need some help getting there, it's kind've hidden as you pass). And of course don't miss the sandbar! Good times up there. Hit it at the right time and you'll know why it's a cool hangout. You do have to beach in some seriously shallow water, or anchor on the inward side of the sand bar.

Either way, let everyone know when you're going. Maybe some of us can make it out there that weekend. And post some pics!

Here's the sand bar:
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Questions-havi1.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-havi2.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-img_2277.jpg  

Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered

Launching at Cattail cove...
Tie up at Steamboat cove...
Docks at Havasu springs (recocnize any of those faces??)
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Questions-havasu001.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-havasu04-27-07-11-.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-havasu-poker-run-07-019.jpg  

Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

WOW - looks like a blast ! Definitely will advise before leaving. Think the sand bar will be a favorite stop ...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

That Black boat is gonna be rough at Havazoo......
Old 01-23-2008, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I don't think KiloCat will have a problem getting an end-tie at London Bridge Resort.
I highly doubt he will have any problem getting anything he wants driving around in any one of his boats
Old 01-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I just want to know if Masher is bringing Slim out for the poker run. I got a bottle of Patron Platinum waiting for you SBRT boys............
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

WOW - looks like a blast ! Definitely will advise before leaving. Think the sand bar will be a favorite stop ...
More pics of the sandbar....Different trips...Always a good time at the sandbar....
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Questions-havasu-poker-run-07-057.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-havasu-poker-run-07-078.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-img_2280.jpg  

Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Ok my opinion is to stay at the Nautical in the beach suites and tie up at the end of the dock or beach it in the cove. The Nautical has a launch ramp as well, and parking is plenty.

I know you got several opinions, but I've stayed everywhere mentioned, rented houses, and I think the Nautical is the most convienent.

Shugrue's, is an upscale restaurant with surf and turf overlooking the bridge. Martini Bay is a pretty classy bar at the LBR, Kokomo's is for the younger croud, (and crouded is an understatement) also at the LBR. The RedRoom is another loud crouded bar outside the LBR.
There are plenty of other places to eat and go out to, but those are some I would try if you haven't been yet.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered

more....
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Questions-havi5.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-havi.jpg   Lake Havasu Questions-havasu-poker-run-07-059.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lake Havasu Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.