Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Most comfortable cabin in a performance boat??????? >

Most comfortable cabin in a performance boat???????

Notices

Most comfortable cabin in a performance boat???????

Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
No disrespect, but let me take your boat out in the rough lake erie water I boat in, and I can gaurantee the tv in your boat will not work, the concussion from the waves will break the internal components if you run the boat hard.

No disrespect at all, you're entitled to your opinion, it's not correct, but that's ok...I had a Cig with multiple problems, we'll just leave it at that.... When you get a chance look at the Chicago PR pics..Xcess Wetness.. my 04 43 Nortech which is owned by OSO-Rick uses the boat on lake Michigan, which is just as rough as Lake Erie. Im orig from Racine WI, so Ive been on that rough water and do agree with you on that aspect. He has almost 200 hours and everything is in tact, that is TV, Micro and Fridge which is usually omitted in the Cigs. Anyways it has alot to do with the way these items are mounted. I had the opportunity to go to and from FT Laud to KW on my maiden voyage, everyone will tell you the water on the way back was extremely rough, not a item came loose.

Here was my 04

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=xcess+wetness
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Criteria for this thread: 37+ and under $300k...are the 37AT's over 37 feet in length and under $300k??? (w/motors). I couldn't find any specs on their website.
New AT website is coming.
The 37AT is a couple inches shy of 37' without a platform.
You can find a used 37AT for less than $300K. (which is thread criteria)
List on a new one is $349K w/ 525s.
It will run 90/91mph well optioned, dialed-in, and tweaked; 87/88mph consistent.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

No disrespect, but let me take your boat out in the rough lake erie water I boat in, and I can gaurantee the tv in your boat will not work, the concussion from the waves will break the internal components if you run the boat hard.
Dude you are dreaming............the 43NT rides like a dream in the rough with the wide beam and heavy weight. I rode in a 43V with triple 650's and the boat was awesome. I have done several TG's, the new Sunsation F4 and even a 38 Powerplay which itself was remarkable.

You will not break a 43 V in any water.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Jassman;2418068]No disrespect at all, you're entitled to your opinion, it's not correct, but that's ok...I had a Cig with multiple problems, we'll just leave it at that.... When you get a chance look at the Chicago PR pics..Xcess Wetness.. my 04 43 Nortech which is owned by OSO-Rick uses the boat on lake Michigan, which is just as rough as Lake Erie. Im orig from Racine WI, so Ive been on that rough water and do agree with you on that aspect. He has almost 200 hours and everything is in tact, that is TV, Micro and Fridge which is usually omitted in the Cigs. Anyways it has alot to do with the way these items are mounted. I had the opportunity to go to and from FT Laud to KW on my maiden voyage, everyone will tell you the water on the way back was extremely rough, not a item came loose.

Point taken... I would love to hear your experiences with the 700's as you start to put more hours on them. My next boat will be a 42x with 700's. I've only owned cigarette's so I'm somewhat partial, You have a great paint scheme on your boat.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Dude you are dreaming............the 43NT rides like a dream in the rough with the wide beam and heavy weight. I rode in a 43V with triple 650's and the boat was awesome. I have done several TG's, the new Sunsation F4 and even a 38 Powerplay which itself was remarkable.

You will not break a 43 V in any water.

I wasn't saying his boat would break, I said the frilly stuff would break (i.e. television). Any hull eventually will take a wave wrong and slam the boat (when in big water) and in my opinion the tv that was designed for your house is not going to last. The boat will be fine...

Last edited by BraceYourself; 01-23-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Criteria for this thread: 37+ and under $300k...are the 37AT's over 37 feet in length and under $300k??? (w/motors). I couldn't find any specs on their website.

Yep. And you can call me on my cell during the day at 954-658-4972.

I will give you the info you want straight up.

Thanks, Pat
Old 01-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super clean 2002 382 on speedwake classifieds it will run in the low 80's priced in the low $130's
Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
This is my 43 Nortech. The same can be done on a 39 Nortech as well. You pick everything, from materials to the stitching if so desired. The headroom is 6'7" at the tallest point in the cabin or 6'1" at the sink/fridge/micro area. The head is a true walk in head with 6'7" headroom, no step ups for easy entry. Ive had many boats over the years (34-PQ, 38 Cig TG, 42 Sonic, 37 A.T. and this is my 3rd 43 Nortech) and do over night, and Nortech has the plushest cabin and cockpit of them all. Also, like some of the other threads Ive been read where when running hard all the ammenities fall down or apart, totally not true. Never had a problem, extremely solid powerboat, not only for going fast but comfortable as well. Good Luck in your decision. Jeff

HANDS DOWN 43 nor tech 03 in the classifieds asking 299 with sixes and 825 efis... 95 mph.....

been drooling over this boat foe THREE yrs
Old 01-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

no way... no limits is at the bay all the time... and will smoke ur cig

and im a cig guy
Old 01-23-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jassman what a nice looking Nor-Tech

Quick Reply: Most comfortable cabin in a performance boat???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.