Like Tree0Likes

Goldigger At Louisville Boat Show

Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 23 NOVA XL
Default Goldigger At Louisville Boat Show

I saw the Goldigger OL boat from lake cumberland marine at the louisville boat show this weekend and was supprised to see how bad a shape it was in. the cockpit was a mess with cracks in the center console and the front deck had a number of scratches on it. Don't get me wrong it was "AWSOME" but I think a little disappointing too! For 2.05 Million bucks you would think they would polish it!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2006 32 Skater Qtr canopy

How fast did My way Run??
Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

My Boats: Sunsation and Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1 View Post
How fast did My way Run??
Still fine tuning.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Old/Heavy/Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwannabe View Post
I saw the Goldigger OL boat from lake cumberland marine at the louisville boat show this weekend and was supprised to see how bad a shape it was in. the cockpit was a mess with cracks in the center console and the front deck had a number of scratches on it. Don't get me wrong it was "AWSOME" but I think a little disappointing too! For 2.05 Million bucks you would think they would polish it!
I would not of set the boat on its side like they did with the bottom up facing the main walkway. Picture an old beater car that some took a trowel and a bucket of bondo to and only worked it out with a cheese grater and then covered it in a Maaco paint job. Since this is boat number one, I have to assume they have been tweaking the bottom trying to dial it in and that the mold isn't as bad as the bottom would leave you to believe it is. Looks as though the rear-most strakes have been cut off and relocated as the hull around them shows major repair work. Up towards the front of each sponson was pretty rough looking as well. Other than its shear size, the boat didn't give you that "wow" factor you normally get when looking at an OL.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
I would not of set the boat on its side like they did with the bottom up facing the main walkway. Picture an old beater car that some took a trowel and a bucket of bondo to and only worked it out with a cheese grater and then covered it in a Maaco paint job. Since this is boat number one, I have to assume they have been tweaking the bottom trying to dial it in and that the mold isn't as bad as the bottom would leave you to believe it is. Looks as though the rear-most strakes have been cut off and relocated as the hull around them shows major repair work. Up towards the front of each sponson was pretty rough looking as well. Other than its shear size, the boat didn't give you that "wow" factor you normally get when looking at an OL.
Especially, @ 2.05 M!?!?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 23 NOVA XL

so i am not the only one a "little" disappointed? the other two OL boats, i believe one was a 47 were awsome! lake cumberland marine must be pushing OL because they had no skater V's or cigs there this year.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: SOLD-'02 Sunsation Dominator--Fortunate Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwannabe View Post
so i am not the only one a "little" disappointed? the other two OL boats, i believe one was a 47 were awsome! lake cumberland marine must be pushing OL because they had no skater V's or cigs there this year.
Agreed. The other OLs were great looking boats with really nice power!
Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

so who payed for the boat? I saw it in Miami a few years back then it was gone. I thought someone owned it and now it shows up as a running plug????
Old 01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight

I think it is an awesome looking boat. It was drawing a big crowd of gawkers at the show. The salesman said they were selling it for the original owner
Old 01-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Old/Heavy/Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1 View Post
That is what you do with a running plug of what you are gonna to build.
I was hoping it was a plug and they had not yet built a mold. That or they had been heavily modifying the bottom of hull one to dial it in prior to making changes to the mold if it already exists. I kinda thought that was the case given the condition of the bottom and knowing OL's reputation. That is why I was surprised they had the bottom exposed for all to see. Those not familiar with getting a new model up and running might get the wrong impression about OL. The other two OL's there were simply stunning!!!

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 01-28-2008 at 02:32 PM.